| chapter twenty five. |

♚ CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE ♚

YAMAGUCHI HUMMED SOFTLY, his gaze fixed on Konoha and Yanagi's figures, with the occasional nod of his head as if agreeing with himself. He's been like this for the past few minutes, the ball in his hand was ignored.

Then he abruptly turned to face Kageyama, who had just returned from the restroom. "Psst, Kageyama," he said quietly. "Do you feel there is something different about them?"

Kageyama followed Yamaguchi's gaze and tilted his head in confusion. "No?"

Yamaguchi let out a groan. "But it feels different you know!" Yamaguchi drew his body closer to Kageyama. "Did you notice his aura? Yanagi-san's aura looks like he's happy, and there are flowers all around him. Despite the fact that his face remains as straight as ever."

"What do you mean about the flowers? There's nothing here," Kageyama chimed in, confused by Yamaguchi's words even more.

Yamaguchi ignored his response and continued. "And Konoha-san's aura appears more relaxed and at ease. Like that day, when we were at the waterfall behind the villa!"

"I don't understand what you mean," said Kageyama. "Let's start practicing."

"Don't leave," Yamaguchi grabbed Kageyama's hand just as he was about to walk away. "Look Kageyama! They were speaking more casually. They didn't talk much to each other yesterday and instead looked so cold."

Yamaguchi pointed at Konoha and Yanagi who were talking about something that they couldn't hear from quite a distance away.

"Why are you so concerned about it?"

"This is just an observation. Observation. Watch them carefully," Yamaguchi said, shifting both of Kageyama's shoulders to directed at them and gripped his head to stay in place. "Look! Look!"

Kageyama was confused, but he followed his instructions anyway. Kageyama's eyes narrowed, his lips creased into a scowl, and his demeanor became serious. "There's... none?"

On the other hand, Konoha stared at the two first years with a deadpan expression. Kageyama seemed to be glaring at him with Yamaguchi gushing beside him. "What's wrong with them?"

"I don't know, just ignore them," Yanagi shrugged.

"There, there, did you see it?!!" Yamaguchi whispered.

"I don't get it," Kageyama stated. "They're just having a normal conversation."

Konoha chose to ignore them. "Yanagi, please get me the basket. I'll―"

"Naoto."

"Hah?" Konoha looks at him confused.

"Call me Naoto again."