| chapter thirteen. |

♚ CHAPTER THIRTEEN ♚

♚ CHAPTER THIRTEEN 

YANAGI SHOULD BE HAPPY THAT he gets to play volleyball again. It's also the first time he's playing in a match since his hiatus. With different teams and opponents from other schools.

So, why did this happiness last only for a short time? Why is he now engulfed in a cloud of perplexity that he wants to clear up right away? As if it were a mystery that he desperately wants to solve?

Yanagi hid his face behind the towel Kiyoko had given him, allowing it to cover his vision. He used it as an opportunity to think about it. Even though it was pointless because he couldn't find the answer no matter how many times he tried.

Except for one thing.

The man raised his head, took off his towel,  watching the gym get empty as the other school's players had already left, leaving Karasuno's team inside.

"For the first years, you can leave the gym and come back in 45 minutes," he ordered, despite the fact that he seemed to give them a choice, all of the first years left the gym with confused expressions clear on their faces.

"Em, something wrong, Naoto-kun?" Suga carefully asked. Something is clearly wrong.

Yanagi didn't respond as he still staring at the first years who had vanished from his sight before shifting his gaze to the others. "Sit down, there's something I want to talk about."

Everyone fell silent. The large room, which they were the only ones in, felt cold and empty. Everything was silent except for the sound of their hearts racing and the ticking of the clock on the wall, which added to the tension. They were nervous, scared, and unsure of what he was going to say.

No one dared to ask. Let alone open their mouth.

Yanagi felt like an Emperor looking at his subordinates as he sat on the bench and stared at them with a cold gaze. He let out a sigh. "Calm down. Don't be so tense." I just want to discuss something that has been puzzling me for quite some time."

Even though he said that everyone is still tense.

"I just wanted to ask: what's happened with your play?" He inquired, looking at each of them one by one, waiting for a response.

"What... do you mean, Yanagi-san?" asked Ennoshita slowly.

"It doesn't bother me if you lose at inter-high. But, this match... No, your play from the beginning when I returned... really sucks." Their breath hitches, hands trembling and gaze is always on the ground. Didn't dare to look at him in the eyes.

Then Yanagi continued. "What's happened with your play? What's happened with you?"

Still, no one responded, and the man waited while counting in his mind.