| chapter twenty. |

♚ CHAPTER TWENTY ♚

♚ CHAPTER TWENTY 

AFTER A WEEK, THE MINIBUS came to a halt at the Shinzen High School grounds as the second Fukurodani Academy Group camp began. Nothing out of the ordinary happened during training. Especially with Yanagi, who is becoming increasingly bored because he is no longer playing in the practice match.

Yanagi leaned against the wall, his gaze fixed on the phone in his hand. He read the report and responded to his subordinates' messages several times. They call him more frequently now that they know he's not in school.

"Naoto-kun," the man looked up, saw the black-haired manager calling out to him while squatting next to him.

Yanagi hummed, giving her a hint for her to continue. "Can you help the managers? We haven't had time to buy some groceries yet, and there are quite a few of them. I'm not sure we'll have time to bring that many things with us, especially since we'll be preparing lunch later."

Yanagi pondered for a moment. His cell phone flickered with a new message and his eyebrows twitched in annoyance. "Alright."

Kiyoko smiled in relief. "Ah, you'll be with Shirofuku Yukie later. She's Fukurodani's manager. I have asked permission from Coach Ukai."

Nodding, he stood up and put his phone in his pocket. Yanagi exited the gym, only to discover that Fukurodani's manager had already arrived.

"Yanagi...-san, right?" Shirofuku inquired, her voice sleepy. Shirofuku smiled as she noticed him nod. "Let's go."

○ ♚ ○

Shirofuku first met Yanagi Naoto two years ago at the Spring Tournaments. Fukurodani was watching the third day of the match between Karasuno and Ichibayashi at the time. They didn't want to watch after they lose that day and wanted to go to the hotel quickly, but Bokuto was eager to see his rival, so they all watched the match at the time.

The fact that he was so attractive was the first thing that struck her. Shirofuku wasn't going to lie. Then, with all of Bokuto's long stories at the time, she began to pay more attention to him (besides his face, I mean). He was wearing the number 4 jersey with a stripe under the numbers, which she noticed. Showing that he's a captain even though he's still a first year.

That's one of the reasons why Bokuto later declared that he wanted to be captain.

Then there are his abilities. According to Bokuto's story, Yanagi Naoto was a captain and one of the best aces in middle school. And Shirofuku could understand it. His strength and abilities are far above average, though a bit out of balance with the rest of his team. But seeing how he was able to raise the level of Karasuno's school, which had plummeted dramatically, made her admire him greatly.