| chapter nineteen. |

♚ CHAPTER NINETEEN ♚

♚ CHAPTER NINETEEN 

WITH THE ARRIVAL OF COACH UKAI IKKEI, the training was split into two sections. Ukai Keishin was in court 1, while Ukai Ikkei was in court 2. Of course, each manager will assist in making things easier.

Hinata must have been overjoyed to learn that he was being mentored by someone who had previously mentored his idol. The reality, on the other hand, always wakes him up with the tasks that have been assigned to him. Ballboy. Hinata is still irritated by it.

"Next!"

The teen locked his gaze on Kinoshita, who was about to spike the ball. Hinata moved his hands forward in readiness, his knees subconsciously slightly bent. And he took a step back, exactly where he thought the spike was coming from. The ball came towards him, but it collided with his cheek, causing him to fall backward.

Hinata was silent. Blink a few times. Then continue again.

He does it over and over again. Like an automatic robot, despite the fact that hitting the ball continuously causes his body to ache.

Wait...

Hinata turned to Yanagi, overjoyed, like a light in a dark cave. "Yanagi-san!!! I've got it!!"

Hinata waited for Yanagi's response with sparkling eyes as if he were a dog seeking praise from its owner. Yanagi, on the other hand, only gave a curt nod with his usual flat expression.

Dejected, he immediately turned back as he squatted. Hugging volleyball tightly while staring blankly at the floor.

"Haha, what's with your face, Hinata?" Kinoshita approached him from behind, squatting next to him. "We second-years also do that too. And Yanagi-san is just like that."

"Kinoshita, you're not helping," Ennoshita pointed out.

"Eh?!"

○ ♚ ○

Yamaguchi was certain that he looked like a parasite among the first-year volleyball players. Standing in the shadow of his friends. He couldn't say he was surprised. He's been bullied a lot, so he's scared and doesn't want to be seen as his second skin.

But somehow. All of it changed 180 degrees.

He yearned for more. He doesn't want to be a shadow, but he also doesn't have the courage to come out of it.