| chapter twelve. |

♚ CHAPTER TWELVE ♚

♚ CHAPTER TWELVE 

THE GYM'S ATMOSPHERE SHIFTED DRAMATICALLY. Yanagi held the ball as the first serve of the second set of the match between Karasuno and Fukurodani. Owls and crows. A competition between flocks of birds to see who can stay in the air the longest.

Yanagi gracefully tossed the ball up, sprinting for a few steps before leaping up and slapping the ball into the corner of the court line. The loud noise, combined with the extremely fast ball, caused everyone to freeze in their tracks. Seeing Yanagi land gracefully and hearing a whistle that seemed to jolt them out of their daze.

That was close. I haven't practiced my serve this week, Yanagi thought as he stretched his right hand's fingers in preparation for his second serve.

The man once again delivered a lethal serve, putting Karasuno in the lead in the match. He has provided several serves that have given them scores, and on the final serve, Fukurodani finally managed to get it, despite the fact that it ended with a chance ball.

And the game begins.

With their match being the final game of the day, this match is like a highlight. Everyone was seated around the court, a bit far but enough to see the game clearly. They couldn't help but be intrigued, excited, and curious.

"So cool..." Yamaguchi muttered. His gaze was never taken away from his upperclassmen's serves. So powerful. So accurate. His little heart rebelled with a very strong desire as he then imagined that he was the one who performed the lethal serves.

Akaashi tossed the ball to Bokuto, but Yanagi and Tanaka quickly block it. The ball made it back to the Fukurodani but Komi managed to save it and passed to Akaashi, who immediately tossed it back to Bokuto. Nishinoya successfully received the spike before passing it on to Suga, who tossed it to Yanagi.

"Naoto-kun!"

When the three Fukurodani players in the front row heard this, they immediately teamed up together and jumped to stop the spike. Three-man block. However, it didn't work because Yanagi was able to control the ball and managed to pass their block making the ball fall to the opponent's side of the court with a loud sound.

"So this is a team that made it to the national semi-finals," Tsukishima muttered slowly, staring in silent awe at his upperclassmen. "They look like different people."

Hinata remained silent. His eyes were wide open and always focused on Yanagi, who delivers a powerful spike with excellent control that can pass through three blockers. The jump, the swing of the arm, and the sound of that spike...

"I want to be like him..."

In the middle of the set, Noya was replaced by Narita, who took over as the game's middle blocker. Even so, they couldn't dismiss him because he and Yanagi were able to deflect Fukuronadi's attack. The ball quickly entered Fukurodani's area, but Konoha saved it but the ball bounced over the net towards Karasuno's.