Chapter 13: The Rise Of The Unknown

Helllllo there! Here is another chapter for you guys. 

Chapter 13: The Rise Of The Unknown

"Rene, wake up! Please wake up." I can hear someone calling my name, but I was so out of it. I wished I can open my eyes to see the light, but the darkness surrounds me. All I could do is just walk aimlessly in the dark, frightened what might pop out on me. Whoever was calling me seemed so far far away but I just know, I have to follow despite it could be a trick. It felt like I walked for hours which probably was a few minutes. Am I dreaming? Another one of my nightmares again? "Hello?" I called out. I don't know why I did that thinking someone would answer me. This was starting to feel hopeless just walking in the darkness. I had no idea where I was, my friends, Aries, and Tristan at. My fear was replaced by frustration. "Rene!" There was that voice again! This time it seemed closer than ever. I must be close. I ran towards the voice hoping it led to my freedom out this darkness. "Hello?" I called out again. No answer. Did I go in the wrong direction or something? "Rene, open your eyes if you can hear me." That voice sounds like Janice. What did she meant open my eyes? My eyes were open. Wait, was I...?

"Rene, I'm not giving up on you. Wake up damn it." Janice said. "I heard you." I said. Now I know for that was Janice voice calling me. "Oh thank goodness your awake. Scared the crap out of me." she said. I tried to open my eyes and I could see the light barley. Gosh, why does my head felt like it weighed fifteen pounds? "Rene look at me." Janice says. I turn to look at her to see her in chains. Dress muddy, torn in random places, no shoes, and her face dirty. Just looking at her made the memories came flashing back. "Where are we?" Janice asked me. I took a look in the room we were in and I instantly knew. " The basement. To be punished." I said. I can hear Janice panicking, pulling her chains. "Punished?" she cries. " Ya, punishment. Tristan took me down here and you can figure what happens." my voice trembles. "Jan, where's Paige?" Janice shakes her head saying, "I don't know. She was here, but I guessed they moved her."

Poor Paige, I thought. At least she was alive, but what they was gonna do with her? I hear Janice squeals distracting my thoughts. "Omg, there's bones over there. It smells like something died. Oh gosh, they're gonna kill us?" "More like punish and torture us before that." I gulped. Janice continues to pull at her chains and I didn't have the heart to tell her that her attempts wasn't going to work. In the distance, I can hear a door open. "Jan, shh. Someone is coming down here. "Our eyes looked up the stairs watching, waiting to see who it could be. It was Dana. My use to be bestfriend. I still couldn't believe that she betrayed us like that. "Comfortable girls?" Dana mocked us. Janice looked so pissed at her. "You're such an idiot! We could of made it, but no, you betrayed us from day one. I always knew something was fishy with you ever since we became friends, but I ignored it. "Janice shook her head, seeming to be angry with herself too. "My fault? This is your fault! If you weren't being such a slut in the club, we wouldn't have to be looking for you and end up getting kidnapped." Dana angrily said. I could not believe this is Dana, the girl I knew for four years talking like this. Janice face paled, but she held her ground. "Don't turn this on me you backstabber. "

"You know I'm right, nasty slut. Why couldn't you just stayed home for your birthday instead of going to the club shoving your tongue down some random guy, hmm?" Dana said. This isn't Dana at all. Not my Dana. "Your lucky I'm chained up." Janice face reddened. All I could do is watch my friends going back and forth at each other. "Dana, Janice is right. They're not gonna let you just walk away freely knowing that you know they exist." I said. A part of me wants to believe there has to be more to this of why she behaving like this. The other part believes she was only looking out for herself and didn't give two craps about us since we got kidnapped, thinking it's Janice fault. "I bet I will Rene." she laughs. She turns to walk away and I shout out to her." What goes around comes back around." she just continue to walk, I hope she took that message in. "Really hate her guts," Janice said with so much anger. She sighs and turns to me and said, "Maybe she's right. If I hadn't made you guys come with me, none of this wouldn't happen. I'm so sorry Rene."