Chapter 22: Unraveling

Whoever was standing there didn't move. "Who is that?" Jack asked. All of a sudden there was blur passed us and Jack was lifted in the air. My eyes saw the person lifting Jack was Aries. Shock went through me not believing what I was seeing. Aries was here. A sound of a gasp broke my thoughts making me turn to Jack. Oh no, Aries was choking Jack. "Aries what the hell your doing!"

He didn't say anything. He just continue his attack. "Put him down Aries!" I shouted. Still he didn't do anything. I looked at Luther who sported a smug on his face. "Luther , stop him!"  Luther shook his head saying," No can do Rene. Besides this is amusing me."

I can't believe this was happening right now in front of me. If Luther wasn't going to help, then I'll do it. I grab Aries arm yanking him. Of course his arm didn't budge but he did look at me. I looked into his hard intense violet eyes. I seen a glimpse of those eyes before when we were at the ball dancing. The warm friendly grey eyes replace with shocking scary violet eyes.

For the first time, I was scared. Trying to push the fear away, I tightened my grip on his arm looking at his face. "Let him go." I say. "I don't like him Rene." he finally spoke. His eyes turns to a lighter shade of violet and my grip loosened. "Fine you don't have to like him. Doing this is very extreme of not liking someone. Let him go. Now." I said with much confidence I could muster. He growls. "Go in the room Rene. Now isn't the time." He growls. I let go of his arm and took a step back. His eyes glowed more, lips curl up, and  fangs elongated. He looked scary I must say. "Please." I softly spoke. He looked at me hard, cold, and distance. I shook my head at him. "I'm sorry Jack." and I ran into the room.

I refused to stand there and watch him do this. A tear escape and I lowered my head looking at the floor. "Rene, are you okay?" Janice voiced. I turn to her shaking my head. "Aries gonna kill Jack, I couldn't stop him nor Luther either."  "Seriously? That doesn't sound like Aries, but for Luther I'm not to surprise. There must be more to it." She say while rubbing my shoulder. The sound of footsteps entering made us look back to see Aries and Luther dragging Jack.

"What the hell Luther!" Janice yelled. Luther looks at her rolling his eyes. "He's not dead, yet. Don't blame me." he says. So Jack is alive. Just unconscious. "Where you taking him?" I asked.  "In the basement. Don't worry, he'll be fine for the time being."

"I don't understand." Janice says. "Why does he need to be there? Jack isn't a threat."
Luther sighs and continue dragging Jack into the hall. "At least carry him Luther." Janice said. Luther mumbles and turn to her. "Don't be a fun sucker like your friend."  I rolled my eyes at him. He picked up Jack and continue to go on his way.

"He will be a threat sooner or later" Aries says, making me jump. "Why?" Janice pressed on. "Not now. I see your a vampire now. How did that happen?" he questions. "I died and I was brought back. "Janice said casually. I turn to her shock that she can speak about it like it was discussing the weather. Being dead was not something you just sweep under the rug.

"I'm sorry Janice. May I ask who killed you?"
Janice body stiffens and her eyes start to change. "Dana." she growled. Aries looked shock not believing. "A human? You and Rene friend, correct?" Janice nods. "It's true Aries. Dana pulled a gun out on us. Shot Janice, Sherry, and I." I said and he turns to me. He whispers something to himself but I couldn't hear it.

Luther returns taking a seat by Janice and I. "Luther, what the hell happened when I was..."  Luther winced at Aries calm voice but his violet eyes said another thing. "It's a long story Aries. All I'm gonna say is please don't be upset at me."  "You have my word" Aries replied. Luther told everything that happened with me and Janice helping him out.