Chapter 29: Unsure of Things

Janice p.o.v

We've been driving around for an hour except we had to make a stop to get Luther a cheeseburger. Then the two of them argue like teenagers before we could get back on the road again. I sat in the back bored listening to their conversation. "You could've just drank the blood I have." Torres says. Luther shook his head not agreeing. "I need something to go with my burger. Is that too much to ask? I'm hungry, I wanted a burger, and blood." Torres growls and Luther stuck his tongue out. Never would I think vampires act like this but, I guess they was friends.

Torres started to drive slower and looking at his device then back on the road. "Were very close. Maybe two minutes away." Torres announced. "Good, I can't wait to get out this damn car." I said while stretching my arms. Torres parks the car and we have to go on foot. We walked and walked until we came across to a little building two story high. Two vampire were sitting by the door. "Alright . Luther take the one on the left and I'll take the right." Torres says and Luther nod. Why do they get to have the fun? "What about me? I can fight." Torres sighs in a annoyed way. "Look, we know what we doing ok? I prefer if you just stay behind ok?" What a tool he was. He thought I wasn't capable enough. I watched the two ran to the guards and snapped their neck. Luther turns and signal me to come over. "We got six minutes to get Aries before they come back and look for us." Torres says. We all went inside looking around. I could smell him. "He's not on the first floor. They might have him on the top floor where they'll have more security at top. We should go up." I say and Luther looked impressed. Torres nods. "Make sense."

Soon as I take a step I feel a barrel on the back of  my head. "Don't move or I'll put a hole in you." The man said. Luther turns around and Torres had one in his. back. Luther had two barrels pointed at him. "Now turn around slowly." He demand. I turned around slowly, thinking that this guy messed with the wrong girl. I can see his blue eyes and blonde eyebrows. He looked to be in his late twenties or early thirties. From the tone of his voice he must be the leader. "You are gonna takes us upstairs or if you don't your life ends here right now." The mask man said. I got the feeling that he wasn't kidding. "Annoying hunters." Luther growls. So these were hunters. That would explain. "Just do what they ask" Torres said, but before he gave us a wink.

I guess he had a plan or something. With the hunters on our back and side, we had no choice. We took the stairs to reach to the top. I heard the hunters whispering things to each other. The scent was getting stronger. We were close. After opening the door there was a hallway with one door. That's gotta be where they was keeping him. "I didn't say stop moving you idiots!" The leader shouts at us. They was really asking to have my fist connect with their mouth. "Go to the door. That way they won't be able to smell us." Torres nods and opens the door to three vampires standing there.

"Who are you?" one asked. "I'm part of the council and I demand you let me in." Torres says with authority. The vampires moved aside and a tall lanky vamp chuckles saying, " They brought food too." But when that sentence ended,  an arrow was in his chest where his heart was. The lanky vamp looked down grabbing his shirt before collapsing on the floor dead. "Hunters!" Another vampire scream. This is where chaos happen. The hunter squeeze thru us rushing to the other vampires and Torres turns around quick to snap one of the hunters neck. Luther grabs the gun crushing it like it was a piece of paper and punched one of them. The hunter behind me told to stay if I value my life, but I can tell he was horrified seeing his fellow men died.

Head hunter had killed another vampire with his dagger as one came to him, but he anticipated the move, and that vampire died. I head butted the hunter and he staggers back. Still staggering, I turn to give him a good ko punch and he was out. Only one hunter remained and that was the leader. He looked at us knowing he's surrounded. All his members were killed and he was alone facing us. " I'm not scared of you monsters. Killing me will just get you a whole heap of trouble. They'll know and track you monsters down." He says but I can tell he was very nervous. "Do us favor and just lay there and it will be over." Luther smiles.

I heard a groan from behind me. It was one of the hunter I punched. Thought he would stay unconscious for his sake. Head hunter saw his only hunter fellow alive. He called out to him to come by his side. The guy crawled to him and got up shaking in fear. "I don't want to do this, I want to go home." He sounded like a teenager. The head hunter shook his disappointed. Luther tried to inch closer, but the hunter saw him and cock the gun aiming at head.  "You see there afraid? Duncan man, these are vampires. This is our mission and duty to protect people. " he tried to tell his hunter. "What's going on?" Says Aries.

"There's your chance to prove. Kill him. They brought him to us!" The head hunter yelled. My ears picked up on that information. Duncan turn to Aries and stabs him, but on Aries dodges swiftly that I almost missed it. Duncan quivers and drops his weapon when he see he missed. I watched Aries face goes to confused , shock, and anger. Aries looked at Duncan, his eyes changing to bright violet. "I'm sorry! Please no!" Duncan begged for his life. I kinda felt for the guy, I mean he's only a teenager. Aries grab Duncan by the throat staring at him. Duncan's head hunter tried to save him, but Aries looked at the man with his bright violet eyes. Instantly causing the man  to fly back to the wall without touching him. Luther and Torres looked shocked.

Aries turns his attention to the boy and I knew I had stop this. I ran to where he was. "Aries, don't kill him. He's just a kid, he's scared. " I said. Aries looks at me then back at the boy. The poor human boy was pleading with a snot nose and tears. "He doesn't have to die. He isn't a threat no more." I tried again, but I think I made him more upset. "Janice he's a threat. He'll always be one." Luther said to me. He was just a teen! Nobody would agree with me on this. I heard a loud scream from Duncan , I turn to look. Aries hand went through Duncan's chest holding his heart in his hand. I gasped. " All hunters die." Aries says. The way he said it sounded scary. Aries pushed Duncan on the floor and squeezed his heart and blood drip onto his body.

Maybe Jack was right. We were monsters. The head hunter awoke from his daze only to see that his fellow hunter is dead by Aries. "Duncan? Shit, shit, shit," he starts to panic. Aries turns to him and starts walking up to him. The hunter squirms trying to get away. "I'm going to kill you for what you did you monster!" He yells. He takes his gun , points, and shoots. Aries dodge and grab his legs. The hunter tries to kick, but it's useless. "You and the rest of the bunch should stay away from this area. Rely that message when they come for you." Aries growls at him. "I'm not 'relaying nothing you monster." The hunter spat in Aries face.

"You will." Was all Aries said before he ripped his leg off as the hunter he screamed in agony. Aries tossed the leg on the side then ripped the other one off. I couldn't believe Aries would do that. Never would I thought. He never showed this side to him before and it startled me. "You try to come for me for revenge and I guaranteed you, I will make you suffer a slow death." Aries calmly said but with an edge. Then he walks out as Torres and Luther follows but not before Luther says, " Stupid hunters." And laughs.

Before I tell Luther off about his comment, the boy coughs distracted me. I crouched down to him feeling sorry. "I'm so sorry. You don't deserve to suffer." I say. The guy tried to talk "We were set up. Someone paid us money saying they had an important vampire to delivers us to get rid of ," he says. "Who?" My eyes widened. He coughs his breath labor. " I don't know. The vamps were hired assassins. They said the vampires won't attack. Before all this happen a few vamp fiends killed twenty hunters. They told me head an important vampire and killing him will help crumble the vampire rankings. To slow the killings down," he laughs without humor. "Why are you telling me this?" I questioned. I could tell the hunter was losing time and I held his hand. He coughs again. "Y..you aren't like th..." ,but he was in too much pain. "Janice lets go!" Luther shouts. I turn to leave the hunter and follow their tracks. I forgot the destruction and death a vampire causes.