Chapter 20: Under

Chapter 20: Under

"Missing?" I groggily said. I was still half asleep not knowing what was going on. "Yeah, one of the idiot guards let her escape apparently. A trained monkey could've done better. "Luther said, voice dripping in annoyance. I can imagine him rolling his eyes and his lips pressed tightly. "Ok, but I need a light first so I can see," I say, getting out the bed to stretch. "Actually being in the dark would help us find her. Don't worry Rene, I can see in the dark." he said. I was not to keen about this ,but I know Luther would stay by my side. I took his hand and got up sticking close by him. We went out the door and all of a sudden someone appear in front of us. "Sir, if we find her do we kill her?" a man asked. Luther grip on my hand tighten a little and he said, No, we are going to capture her."

"But sir, she could of gone rogue, she is dangerous." he tried to reason. "I don't give a damn. I tell you to do it you do it. Don't question my authority again. Now go, search every room." Luther orders. I wonder what kind of power Luther holds. He commands vampires to do what he says, which I would think they wouldn't. If Janice escaped, I wonder where could she gone too? For all we know she could be outside the house roaming around the woods avoiding any contact. The last time I saw her she looked not so scary, but her eyes say a different thing. Eyes looked soul less and hollow as if someone else was looking at me. I missed her pretty blue eyes that sparkled and now, there cold hard hollow black eyes. Luther and I started walking quietly in the dark listening to the rain drops. "Where you think she could be hiding?" I whisper. "Anybody guess Rene. I started to pick up scent, but then I'll lose it. Might be tough." he says. Well that statement didn't help my anxiety. I had to stay calm and stay focus.

I can hear some kind of faint whooshing noise. "Luther? You hear that?" "Yes, I did. It's not Janice though." he said. I kept walking with him feeling chills inside. Luther held a firm grip on my hand effortless guiding us in the darkness.

It was quiet except for little drip drops of rain that could be heard. Come on Janice, where are you? This feel like it's going to be hard to find her. "Rene, I have an idea. Stand over there and I'll stay here watching." He whispers. This idea, I don't like. "So youre saying you want me to be bait?" I glower, knowing he can see my face. "Think about it Rene, she'll come out seeing you by yourself. She knows that ill stick by you."

Guess that sort of makes sense. "Ok, I'll do it." I whisper. I walked forward in the darkness and my heartbeat increases. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this. Luther is still there somewhere in the dark watching my back so I'm good. Standing there felt very uncomfortable. All I could hear was my breathing and the rain falling softly on the windows. A soft whooshing sound I heard pass by me and instinctively I turn towards the sound. "Luther? You heard that right?" I whisper. No reply back. "Luther?" I whisper loudly. Still no reply. I tried to walk where he was standing .

"Luther?" I called again. Okay something is wrong. Lighting flashed and I saw a someone standing. "Luther, this is no time for games." I said. Quietness. Lighting flashed again giving the room temporary light. Whoever was standing was gone. Something fell to my right and I turn towards it. If only I had a flashlight. "Luther?" I whisper. The light flicks on and I see Luther on the ground. I ran to him shaking him. "Luther wake up."

He didn't budge. I got up and look around the room. Who turned the lights on? Someone must be in the room with me. A vampire appears in front of me making me yelp. "What happened here?" he asked me. "I don't know. Someone turn the lights on and I found him on the ground." I say. The vampire nod and went towards an unconscious Luther. The lights flicks and became dark again. "Turn the light back on human."

"It wasn't me. I don't even know where the light switch is. "Stay by me." He says. Another whooshing sound and another sound followed up after. The light flicks on again and the vampire was gone. Why did he leave me here? I felt something grab my arm pulling me to them. As I was getting ready to scream, a hand went over my mouth. "Be quiet." the vampire said, scaring me. "I'm quite sure Luther won't mind if I had a little snack."

I struggle, squirm, and scream, but useless. He turned me around and I saw his sharp teeth. The pain never came though. The vampire in front of me fell and standing there was Janice. Her standing there not moving was creeping me out. Her head was cast down and her blonde hair covered her face. "Jan?" I softly whisper. She didn't move.

Please move or say something, I thought. My heart was racing as I thought about doing something. Maybe if I touched her she'll move. Oh, so, slowly I moved towards her doing the best I can to not make a sound followed. My hand was almost about to touch her arm, but her arm reached out and grabbed mines. A sharp gasp came out and I watched her having a grip on my arm. Her head slowly rises, but her hair still covered her face. "Jan?" I whisper and on cue, her head twitch and I saw blues eyes staring at me. Her grip on me loosened and pulled me to her.

"Janice, are you really yourself?" Janice blue eyes darkened and she started to shake. "R...Re.." Janice tried to talk. She was struggling and I saw the frustration in her eyes. "Rene" she finally say and tears starts to come down my face. I ran to hug her and she hug me too.

"I thought I lost you." I told her. We pulled apart and she gave me a sorrowful look. "Rene, I'm so sorry that I hurt you. I'm truly sorry. I'll understand if you never forgive me." She cries. Her hand goes to her face wiping her tears away. From behind me I hear someone mumbling behind me.

"Rene, you ok?" Luther ask, but I ignore him. The look on Janice face was shock and worry. I can she was set on running away. "Don't go." I said. Janice face set in panic. "He'll kill me. I have to." Her face looked so sad. "No, I won't." Luther said, walking towards us. Janice face lit up and fresh tears broke out. I don't know why she would think that. "Thanks," she smiled and hugged Luther. "Sorry bout hitting you back of your head" "That hurt you know. Why did you do that?" He asked. "I wanted to talk to her. I knew you wouldn't let that happen unless I did something." Luther nods and reach for something behind his back. "Gentlemen, the search is off. Return to your original post" he said unto his walkie talkie. "Come on you two, lets go into a room where we'll be ok to talk in."

Inside the room Janice sat next me with her head hung low. Luther was observing her movements closely throughout his conversation on the phone. "Janice, look at me?" "No, I don't wanna scare you more than I had caused." She said. Her body shook a little and she balled up her fist rocking back and forth. It didn't last long though because her body began to relax. "You ok?"
"I think I hurt." She say. Luther came by us looking at Janice still. "She needs blood. Rene, you might wanna come with me." "No, I'll stay. She Janice again, I know it and I know I'm not in danger." I said. Luther sighs, mumbling he will return less than ten seconds. He was true to his word to coming in with a glass of blood. Janice lift her head towards Luther and with vampire speed took the glass from him.

She took huge gulps of it. Less than three seconds the glass was empty. "Thanks, I really needed that." Janice looked tired while laying back on the couch. "Janice what's wrong." Luther said, looking very worried as he sat across from her. "When I died I felt like I was being torn in half. And gosh, the things I saw, felt, heard, it was to much. I felt like I lost control of myself. I was aware of my actions, but I couldn't control it. He told me......" she begins to cry. Luther pats her back while I hold her hand. "He told me I'll never escape and he said I belong to him."

"What you talking about Janice? You won't escape from what." Luther said. Janice shudders shaking her head. "He said I won't escape from hell. That my soul belonged to him. I'm terrified."