Chapter 32: Something To Worry About

The room changes back to what it was and the woman was gone. Janice was across me looking worried. "You okay?" she asked. My mind snaps out of what I had just experience. It was real. No dream can ever feel like that. I turn to Janice feeling afraid now. "No," I told her. "Don't worry Rene we will be fine." Jaince says, but I shook my head. I knew if I told her she would believe me. "No, you don't understand. We're not safe." I start to panic. Janice looked worried at my sudden mood changed. "From who?"
"The one who killed McKenna. The one I was in the room when it happened. It knows Janice." I breathe shakily. Janice eyes widened as realization hits her. The room around me felt cold now and I feel goosebumps creeping up my skin. I wanted to get out that room, I felt sick.
My vision was blurry and I tried to move my body.

Janice p.o.v

I watched her body fall backwards, but I caught her in time. Before I can call out to her, her body wasn't in my arms no more. Aries held her looking worried as he took off but not before saying, "Meet me at the top floor."
Luther looks at me for an answer. "She just blacked out on me. There was a concerning strong emotion that came over her that she was panicking."
"What worked her up like that?" He questioned. I took a breath. "She believe that whoever was in that room with her when the old maid died is the one she suspected."
Luther nods slowly as I watched him think . A sound of footsteps was heading towards us and we tun to see Torres. "Well the rouges are dead and some of the surviving hunters fled from the area ,"Torres said .

Luther thanked him quietly as Torres nods. He was never really this quiet for the short time I knew him. "Where's Aries?"
"He's with Rene. He said to meet up at the top floor." Luther said. Torres didn't question, but sat in silence. Luther paces and I turn to him saying his name. He let's out a breath and stopped his pacing. " I'm come out and say it. It seems Aries is getting stronger or he has been this way and we never seen it."
Torres let out a sigh like he been holding on for the longest. " I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. Did you see he threw the guy without being near him" Torres shudders. Luther replied with a yeah. "Remind me not to piss off the two brothers. Who knows what kind of power Tristan have." Torres said. " I will. Hell, I've been trying not to do that myself." Luther sighs.

The two vampires were stressed and I would've laughed if we weren't in a dire situation. I stood up as Luther watches me. "Guys, I think there might be some more trouble heading your guys way." I tensed up. "What is it?" Luther said gently.
"For whatever reason the head hunter told me some interesting things before I left him. He said someone came to deliver an important vampire. The vampires were hired assassins. They was working together until the vampires went back on their deal. Basically it's why they killed one in front of us. They was waiting for the right moment." I finished. Luther and Torres looked appalled at this new information, I would be too.

" How sure are you?" Luther questioned me me slowly.
" Very sure. Why you think lagged behind and after you notice I wasn't there you called for me. Poor guy." I thought about the hunter. I do wonder if he was dead or alive. "We need to get to the bottom of this. Now. We need to tell the king." Torres rushed out his words.  "Torres wait. We need some clarification on this." Luther advised.
Torres eyes looked shocked and start shaking his head.  "Are you out of your living mind!" he halfed yelled. "You saw what the king did. What happen with Aries! He may show mercy to his sons, but for us we are dead. Deader than dead." Panic spread across Torres face. What did he mean when he said the king did something? What happen with Aries? Whatever it was it's gotta be something horrible. A father hurting his own blood? Sounds horrible.

"Torres calm yourself. Look, I know the risk and what comes with it. Indeed he's unpredictable and all , but he's going to want a name. A name we don't have yet. Sure he can get unimpressed with not telling him, but I think I'm probably in deep shit anyway." Luther says while running his finger through his hair. Whatever they was mentioning was weighing on them heavily. "I don't  the king has any ill towards you." Torres said.  Luther nods saying I hope not to himself. "Torres, I need you to start behind. Keep patrol and let me know any updates going on." Luther asked. Torres blew a breath out seeming worried. "Ok, but be careful. Just don't put yourself out there."
Luther nods and looks a me wig a small smile and I smiled back. " Let's go hmm?"