Chapter 12: Unexpected

Long time since I updated. This chapter might be to long.  Here is a chapter for my vampire readers. I hope you enjoy reading it

Chapter 12: Unexpected

Ever since last night I've been having nightmares and they have been bothering me. For three whole days I've been having these nightmares waking me out of my sleep at midnight. It was weird.  I looked at the ceiling above me trying to get my breathing under control. I got up from my hard cold bed and walked out my room. I knew that what I was doing was against the rules, but I was thirsty.  I creeped down the long halls down to the kitchen, open the fridge to grab a water bottled. Amazed that I haven't seen no vampires lurking , I crept  back to my room. "Sneaking around is not your style." Aries spoke, making me squeal dropping my water. He picks up my bottle with vampire speed and handed it to me. "I'm sorry Aries, but I was thirsty. My nightmares been bugging me."

"Nightmares huh? Lets go back to the room discuss this." I nod and head upstairs to my room , but I like to call it a dungeon. After I took a sip of my water I sat on the cold bed and Aries sitting right next to me. Really close. He looked at me waiting for me to begin and I took a breath. "It's starts with me running in the night through the foggy woods. I would look back over my shoulder to see if it's still chasing me. Soon as I turn around it's there in front of me looking menacing at me. Those bright gold red eyes stares at me with no emotion. It had no form except for it's creepy eyes and it's shark like teeth. The scene changes where there's dead bodies and blood surrounding me like a circle, but what made it scarier it was my friends and my family. Even you and Tristan.  I've been having this same dang nightmare and this counts as the third night in a row."

I watched Aries face change to concern . "I'm sorry that your having nightmares, little one. Perhaps you shouldn't watch horror movies again" he suggested and I shook my head. I don't think it was the movies. He turns to me face to face looking into my eyes. "Rene, you know it's dangerous of you to walk around the palace alone. Knowing Karla is out and about lurking in the halls." he said sternly. We sat in silence for a while until he moved off the bed. "So, uh, there this long boring ball that every vampire has to attend, and I was thinking you know you and I can go together?" he nervously asked. I was shocked he was nervous and he asked me. A human! I wonder what Tristan would think. "He's going with Karla. He wont mind." he said after reading my mind. Again, I don't know why that little news irritated me, but I tried to ignore it. "I would very much like that." I smiled.

I woke up early as always getting ready to go Tristan room, but someone slipped a note saying I didn't need to come. Strange but whatever. Today I decide to head to the kitchen for breakfast not caring about I just broke the rule again.  Janice was already there humming as she open the fridge. "Morning." I said. She turns to me and smile grabbing a yogurt and said, "Look whose up early? Breakfast?" I took a seat next to her and stole a piece of bacon. "Tristan didn't need me so I came here for breakfast." I shrugged. She nods and eyed me as I stole another piece. "Did you hear about the ball the vampires are having? Julius is taking me and oh, I can pick out my own gown too. I'm so excited." she commented happily. "Janice, vampire, not human." Janice smile falters and shakes her head, "I don't know why I keep thinking of that. He doesn't act like a vampire and in fact, he seems more human like than any vampire here."  Well so was Aries, I thought inwardly.

"Are you going too?" she asked. "Yeah, Aries is taking me." I casually said. Janice was giving me the whole 'you better tell me' look. "He just ask me and I said yes. Better than dealing with Tristan and following his orders."  I said and Janice grabs my hands saying, "You should help me pick out my gown."  The excitement in her eyes as she squeeze my hand very hard.  "Well isn't that nice? Going to the ball with monsters that would kill you just like what happened to Nina." Dana says. Janice rolled her eyes and I felt saddened all of a sudden. I wonder if Jack knew about Nina, but the bigger question was where was he? "If you thinking of trying to escape while they having a ball think again. The ball requires servants" Janice said, which she did have a point. "Well we would need a big commotion to distract them. To occupy their attention."  "That's gonna be hard to do." I comment. Dana pace back and forth as Janice and I watches her while eating. Paige comes in heading to the pantry not even noticing us. "Maybe Paige can come up with an idea."  Janice piped up and Paige turns to us looking confused and worried. "Idea for what?'' she asked. "Us escaping. You been here longer than us correct? Paige nods. "It must be something some way we can move without being seen or able to sneak away. Or a secret door. Anything." Paige shook her head and Dana curses.