Chapter 31: The Devil makes War

Chapter 31: The Devil Makes War

Rene pov

"Had enough, hmm?" Tristan asked. I lift my head up frowning at him.  He laughs and gets closer to me.  "I don't think you do. See I'm being nice to you the best way I can be. If I really wanted to, this would be all over already." His voice held an edge. I believed that he could and I scared of that. Who knows what he'll do. He is like a puzzle that I can't figure it out. He stares at me for the longest not moving. It was very creepy I must say. A door breaks down and we both turned our heads to see Aries. My face lit up at the sight of him. Before Tristan could get a word in, Aries punched him in the face, and wrap his hands around the coller of his shirt. "Step. Away. From. Her. Now."

Tristan raised an eyebrow before a smirk appears on his face. "Nice timing brother, but I advise you to put me down before you piss me off." Tristan said. Aries stared at him and so did Tristan. Tristan headbuts Aries and Aries grip loosend. Tristan
Punch Aries, then try to go for a kick which Aries blocked. "I'm strong, have you forgotten? Your weak attempts are pitiful." Tristan laughs. Aries rubs his jaw chuckling. "I'm older and more close to a king status, which grants me more strength. Have you forgotten?" Aries fired back and Tristan frowns.

"She is not going to be your little slave no more." Aries said and Tristan anger rose. I was relieved to hear those words, but could he really do that? Me not a slave anymore? "Says who?" Tristan said, stepping dangerously close to Aries.  "Says me."  Tristan growled and punch his brother in his face yelling, " She is mine, my property! No one can say otherwise. Not you, Torres, Luther , the Queen, or my father! I'm sick of you!" My heart jump each time Tristan landed a blow on Aries. I was afraid he might really hurt him. But Aries pushed him and rushed him. "You treat humans horribly. Do you know how many times I could of told on you to father? Me, being a good sibling, I cleaned up after you. Tried to help you."

"Don't try to change it around. This is about her. I have something you that you can't save. She is mines. Can't believe you fight your own blood over a stupid human slave!" Tristan exclaimed. I listened in shock hearing all this commotion towards eachother. They were fighting over me? But why? "The nerve of you Tristan.  You are just jealous." "Never." Tristan voiced. " I really despise you Aries and father. One day I'll take care of you both." Tristan said darkly. His fangs came out and his eye changed. His teeth close to Aries juggler. Now I'm afraid. "Please dont." I whimper and Tristan scary face turn sharply at me. Then back to Aries. Aries punch Tristan hard that I heard a crack. Tristan stagger back. Someone whooshed by stopping right by the door frame. It was Luther looking shocked at the sight he stumbled on.

"The hell is going on?" Luther asked and both brothers turn to look at him. Luther eyes roam to me but both Aries and Tristan growls at him making Luther eyes turn away and take a step back. When no one answers, Luther jut sighs. Torres comes in along with Janice behind him. "We got rogues in the area."  "Rogues?" Aries first spoke of the two. "Have the guard's take care of them. It's what they there for." Tristan dismissed. Torres shook his head saying,"You need to come now. The guard's are scattered and some are dead. The rogues are not alone." The brothers looked at each other then Luther. Janice runs to my side helping me down. She gave me a sad look but I told her I'm fine.

"Why are they just standing there quietly?" Janice asked. I shook my head looking lost. The vampires leave the room except Luther.  "Where they going?" I asked. "Going to have a look to see where the rogues are." He says without looking at me. He mumble something he'll be back leaving me alone with Janice. This is crazy. "Rene, what was going on?"  "They was arguing then led to a fight. You know Aries and Tristan." I say. Janice shook her head. Luther return with a shirt. "Here put this on" Luther threw the shirt at me. My face was set in confusion as I turned the shirt over looking at it.

"Your shirt is ruined and I don't want the Princes to chew my head off so please put it on to spare me."Luther half jokes. I put the shirt on as it fit me half loosely. I know Luther is full of jokes, but I can tell he was serious. Aries and Tristan both growled at him which was very odd. Janice looked at me confused. Luther phone rings and he answered. "No signs here. How many? Well Torres wouldn't said that if it wasn't. You don't think Raul is here with his so called rogue pets? Ok I'll come down and help." Luther turns to me listening to what the caller had to say. He says yeah and hangs up looking frustrated.

"Luther?" Janice takes a step to him. "Sorry, I'm just thinking. Well it looks like I'm needed, but I can't leave Rene alone. Janice stick with her and watch out for any rogues. You see one stay quiet and leave the area. New vampires like you are dinner to a rogue." Luther face set in worry. "Don't worry, I got this.  No ugly rogue thing isn't gonna harm us. Go and help ok? We will be fine." Janice said with confidence. Luther nods , then turn to walk out into the hallway. There was just too much going on today. I don't know why rogue vampires would attack and now, I mean it seem weird to me. I exit out the room in search of a window. When I went into a room where there was a small window behind the couch, I ran up to the couch.

"Careful Rene. We don't wanna get spotted. "Janice says. I layed low with the curtain barley peaking out. Sure enough I see shadows roaming the area. They moved quickly, but what was strange that there something else hiding too. "Jan, come take look at this." Janice walks to the window and I moved where she can have a better view. Janice looked and saw what I was talking about. "See? I can't make out what it is but I know something else is there."
"I see. I think it might be a person. From what Luther told me, rogues don't walk straight, they crawl. Whatever that is there is hanging in the backround." Janice said. I move Janice slightly so I can see too.

I wonder what was going on out there. There wasn't no noise, just movements. All of a sudden something popped up and I almost screamed if Janice covered my mouth. This hideous creature looked directly at me. It's black eyes just staring.  Scaly skin on its face and couldn't help but notice it had coller cutting it's hanging scaly flesh. It open its mouth wide revealing teeth like a shark. Suddenly it looks away as if something was distracting it, it runs away. Janice removed her hand , I let a breath out. "What the hell is that?" Janice scrunched her face up. I turn to her saying ," What do you mean? That was a rogue."

"Rogues don't look like that. Luther told me how they look and act. That thing whatever it was, it was something else." Janice said and I got chills. Then Janice instantly stands up looking statled. "What Jan?"  "Gunshots. Silenced pistols." That could mean only one thing. Hunters. Janice looked deeply worried as she start pacing back and forward. I turn from the window standing up, stopping Janice from pacing. "He's gonna be fine. He knows what he doing and got skills ok. Relax." I say. Janice breathes and nods. "Your right Rene. It's just you never see how hunters are in action through. But like you said Luther is skillful." Janice said. She hugs me then went to sit down. "I wonder what's going on." I say. I waited for her to reply. No reply. I turn to her calling her name. Stil no reply.

I went over her and poked her, but nothing. She was stilled as a statue. What gives? I turn to walk back where I was until all of a sudden a woman stood there. I stood there frozen. The woman wore black boots, black pants, and her attire might just be all black. "I've been searching for you, Rene." She spoke. Suddenly my surroundings starts to change and gets darker. I started to feel queasy. " Who are you? How you know my name?" I questioned even though I was scared. She advances forward heels clicking, still not able to see her face her cloak hood hides. "I know many things little girl. I never forget that unfamiliar scent I once inhaled in the room. You can't hide forever." She spoke. Her voice sounded familiar, I just know I heard of it. Where? Then it hits me as terror grips me. " You were in the room with McKenna. She thought she could protect you, but she failed." The woman laughs  as I gulp.

She comes closer into my personal space. "Where am I?"
She laughs with a cackle before responding. " Away from others where we can have privacy." She smiles. I took a step back and she grinned.  "We know where u are and who you are. We will get you soon. As time comes you will be ours." Her voice changed into an evil voice. I shook at hearing her words. I could feel myself small. She pulled her hood down looking decayed as as insects crawled on her face. I jumped back yelling. She crackles again. "Your the one killed McKenna." I whisper. "Right you are. A smart girl aren't you."

"What do you want from me?" I asked in a scared manner. She came closer breathing hard. "He knows what you are and will claim you."
"Devil." I say. She whispers, "First thing is war. Starting now."