Chapter 34: Change of Plans

Chapter 34

Rene p.o.v

My brain was trying to figure out what Ethan said. Ethan looks at me pondering thinking to himself.  The room was quiet with everyone thinking their own thoughts. Suddenly a thought popped in my head.  Ethan walks towards me staring with great interest breaking my thought.  From the side of my eye I can see Aries eyeing him hard.  "Whatever is controlling these creatures, I wonder why of all things, why are they watching you?" Ethan wondered. I shook my head not knowing. A phone rings and Ethan dug in his pocket looking at  it. "Excuse me everyone, I must take this call." Ethan said, and walked outside taking his call. Still the room was silent for five minutes.

"I have an appointment to attend. Urgent matter." He says. He nods his head at Aries and Marcus, but not before turning to me. "Stay safe and alert. Please do remember my words." After that statement he leaves. Marcus close the door behind Ethan wishing him a safe trip. "Was there anything else Aries?" Marcus questioned. Aries smiled his usual friendly smile. "No, I know you need to get back home to your wife. Give her my greetings."
Marcus nods . Everybody turns to leave with Marcus close behind me. "If you shall need me again don't hesitate." He announced.

The drive back was silence for ten minutes, I wasn't sure if Aries and Luther were communicating telepathically. Buzz! Buzz! Luther sighs answering his phone.
"Yeah...Now! Sorry. One minute"
"Aries we need to make a detour. Torres wanna speak to you." Luther was about to hand his phone over, but Aries dismissed it. Aries sat still as his eyes closes. Luther looked shocked at Aries. Whatever Aries was doing it didn't last long. Then Aries nods at him. "Driver head out to Melbourne." The drive reply's with a yes sir and turns around.

"What's going on?" Janice questions.
"A detour. We can't go to the palace back yet. We're going to my place."  Luther answers.
"I thought you lived in the palace." Janice was confused.
"I do. Just both places really. I spend most of my time at the palace so I might as well stay there until I'm not needed for a while."  Wow, I thought.  The driver murmurs and Luther looked and smiled "We're here" Luther says while getting out. Aries open the car door for me and I thanked him.  I'm not sure how Luther can afford this, but this house was huge. Not big as the palace. When we got to the door, Luther turns around saying, "Before we go in, I like to lay some rules down first." From the corner of my eye,  I can see an amused look on Aries handsome face, no, I gotta stop saying these things. I'm glad he didn't look at me or read my thoughts because my cheeks flushed a little.

"Nobody touch my vases nor breathe on it or I'm gonna be very upset. My vases were custom made and I spent a lot of money on it. Two, flush after using the bathroom, I'm seriously serious on this. Everything else is green light." He finishes. Janice and I looked at each other and laughed. Luther frowned at us and then walks away mumbling the words humans and vampires. Janice jogs to catch up with him leaving me and Aries alone.  "How can you take him serious?" I questioned half joking. Aries whole body shift towards me so smoothly that I almost missed it. I stared into his eyes and it held me captive. "Well sometimes, but I do find it amusing. He's definitely a peculiar vampire." Aries half smiled.

I softly laugh shaking my head.  "My friends, I brought us drinks," Luther waggle his brow looking quite stupid with a smirk. There were four wine glasses set before us.
"Don't mind if I do." Janice shrugs.  I rolled my eyes at her. After everything that happened to us, I can't blame her.  For me I'm not much of a drinker. "Uhm I'll just get some water, I'm good on wine."
"Kitchen is right behind us. There is every kind of drink you'll like." Luther says. I head to the kitchen and I couldn't believe how big the kitchen is. Like two dining halls put together. Easily, I found the sink and poured me a glass of water.  "Would you like some ice little one?"