Chapter 37: The Dinner

Rene p.o.v

Aries and I walked out the throne room then out to the first set of doors. Aries lets out a breath out.  "We should go back to my room. May I carry you?" He asked me. I said yes and he scooped me up and less than ten seconds we were in his room. Oh, don't this room bring back memories. Nice ones and dark ones. "I apologize for my father's behavior, as I said he indeed is unpredictable. Wish I can tell you how it's gonna go at dinner, but I don't know. He's a wildcard with a lot of power."  I shushed him. He was overthinking it too much and that's what he doesn't need right now. I drag him to his bed and told him to sit. Then I hop on his bed my face and body facing him. Grabbing his face, I stared into his eyes. "Aries, please relax. I know you know how your father is and I seen a bit of that for myself. We just need to get through for dinner and we will figure something out. Okay?"

Aries sighs before nodding his defeat. "See? I win." I winked at him. Aries smirks at me going along with the banter.
"Kinda unfair when you on top of me" I looked down and gasped. When did that happen?  We both were still sitting up straight. I was about to reposition my body, but Aries held me in place purposely.
"I think you like making me lose control."  And my cheeks flushed.  Why on earth would he think that? The violet eyes returns making contact on my neck. His eyes linger on my neck longer than I like them too.
"Hey, I'm up here." I half joked but he wasn't paying attention to me. A little to focus on my neck.

"We should get you some blood."
"Yeah, I should. Am I scaring you right now?"
"No." It was the honest truth. Nervous? Yes.  Aries already knew the answer, I mean the man can read my mind.
"Let's go to the kitchen together."  I hop off the bed standing waiting for him to get up. I believed he ask me to go with him because he wanted to keep an eye on me. He certainly didn't trust his father. The memory of me going down this long hallway and sneaking to get snacks and water. Feels like yesterday. The kitchen he brought me to was different compared to the one I'm used too. Not the one I was used to. This kitchen looked grand and expensive, I imagine vampires dine here.

"Would you like something?" Aries asked me, while his back was away from me.
"Some water would be fine."  He closed the fridge and hands me the water. He downs his drink and went back to get another. This time it was A positive I noted. There was a sound of heels walking coming towards the kitchen. Entering the kitchen was no other than Karla. She sniffs the air noticing it smelled different. I didn't miss her one bit. Karla turns to me looking quite upset. "You!" She yelled menacingly, but Aries stepped in front grabbing Karla's  neck.

"Karla, I do grow tired of your little annoying antics and the disrespect from you. My patience is thinning with you." There was something in Aries voice that sounded commanding, calm, and dark at the same time as I continue to watch. Karla looked scared, fear in her eyes while clawing Aries hands. He ease the pressure off her neck offering her a chance to talk.
"Prince Aries, I didn't see you, I thought she was alone."
"You know better than that Karla."
"I'm telling Tristan how-." Karla didn't get to finish that sentence. Aries went back to squeezing her neck.
"Go ahead and tell my brother. The next time you come after Rene, mark my words. You will be scattered across the city and it will be a slow one for you. So I advise you to heed my warning despite what Tristan says." He said with a cold blooded voice. Aries released her from his grip, while she drops on the floor, she then starts to cough. Part of me didn't feel sorry for her, but the other  part did.

Aries turns to me asking if I was all set. There was no trace of remorse in his voice. Like it was just another day to him. "Yeah, don't wanna spoil myself too much before dinner"I say,  as we walked out I could still see Karla coughing on the ground. Walking back to his room was a silent one. Aries knew I had questions, I guess he was waiting for me to say something. The questioned I wanted to ask was gonna have to wait. Once we make it back, Aries set his drink to the side and walks up to me. "Something is on your mind darling. You can talk to me, I'm good listener." How could something be not human be sweet like Aries?
"What's a purebred? I remember I asked when I first arrived at the palace" I say.
"Purebreds are vampires who were born that way. Then you have blue-blooded vampires and royal blue-blooded, then there is vampires who are humans that are turned, then lastly rogues."