Chapter 38: Search and Find

Chapter 38:

Rene P.o.v

I sat there still spooked of what happen. This palace is haunting me. Why me? Why was I the only one having these messed up nightmares and being harassed by spirits? The door opens revealing Aries coming in. I got up from the bed jogging towards him to hug him. Aries wasn't expecting it, but he didn't mind as he hugged me back. "I'm so glad you're back." I said looking up at him. He laughs and smiles, almost made me forget my encounter, but I had to tell him.
"Aries, there was a voice in my ear shortly after you left. It said I wasn't safe. The guard tried, but I mean what can he do to a disembodied voice?"

Aries frowns. "Well, I'm here right now, I doubt whatever it is, isn't here no more." he say to me.  At least he believes me and not looking at me like I've lost my mind.
"Come lay on the bed face down. You're all tensed up." He said. Without thinking my feet moved on it's on accord. I laid flat on his bed and waited for him. He cracks his knuckles and starts massaging my shoulder, then my back .  My body relaxed under his hands. He's a good massager. "You're good at this," I say muffled. He softly laughs and I can feel his eyes beaming on the back of my head.
"I'm very good at a lot of things." He says deeply. Oh, I had no doubts about that. He stops his massage feeling that I wasn't tensed up anymore. Wished he didn't stop.

I turnover getting up looking at him. "Thanks, I appreciate it." If I knew him, he will tell me there was no need, but I still do it anyway.
"Is the guard still out there?"
"The guard? No, I sent him away. But he's stubborn sometimes and takes his job very seriously. He's my best bodyguard. Which is why I asked he can stay at the door while I was away." I listened to him. It's no stranger for a royal to have bodyguards, but he's a vampire. Aries laughs when he read my thoughts.
"Sounds weird right? A vampire need a bodyguard. Yes, I can take care of myself without breaking a sweat, but there are vampires who hates us." He answers my thoughts. Make sense. 

Then he gets up to turn the lights off. "Can I stay here for the night?" I said it so low, but I knew he heard it. He comes back to the bed looking serious.
"Of course. You're never going back to that room again. From now on this is our room." And then he adds a little playful smile out saying, "Unless you don't want to stay with me and want your-
"No, I wanna stay with you," I said so fast before he can finish that sentence. He let out laugh and I laughed too. I was so relieved to hear I wouldn't go back to that dungeon. That room shouldn't even be consider a room. 

"We should get some rest though. Janice is looking forward to seeing you." Aries says.
"How do you know that?"
"I heard you after the dinner party." He said it casually. Oh. That means if any vampire was listening had heard that. And that means the king did too. I had a sneaky suspicion that he probably was keeping tabs on me. Squashing that thought down, I was looking forward to seeing Janice and Paige tomorrow.

I remember waking up feeling the bed empty next me wishing he was there. From the note I read that he left behind was nice though.
Dear Little One
I'm sorry that I couldn't be next to you when you woke up, but my duties as a Prince has a calling that I must answer too. I asked my guard from last night to accompany you while I'm away on business out the city. There should be some clothes for you to put on, but I wasn't sure what size you were so I ordered every size for your choosing. Be careful around the palace. Should be back around ten.

Yours truly Prince Aries

Man even the note smells like him and unknowingly I had it clutched to my chest. After a short shower, I've seen a tall chest siting at the corner of the room I never seen. How did I sleep through when it was brought here? Shaking my head, I opened it to see there was lots of clothes and underwear and bras. I pick my size and put on my wardrobe on. It was white shirt and a red plaid jacket and some jeans. I wonder, how did he know I like plaid shirts? There was a blow dryer and a flatiron in the bathroom that I missed too. I kept my hair simple in a ponytail and left my bangs out side swept on both sides. Time to to meet the girls.