Chapter 10: Before The Storm Arrives

Ah, another chapter. Hope you guys enjoy !

Chapter 10: Before The Storm Arrives

I don't know how much longer I can run through these thick wooded forest. The moon was hidden behind the clouds making it even more darker and menacing. I hear heavy footsteps right behind me as I'm running for my life from this person that is chasing me. Just my luck, I spotted a cave and quickly ran inside hoping it will keep me hidden. Slowly and quietly I walked further more into the cave feeling the sharp walls on my hand. Something felt warm and sticky on my index finger and I almost gave away my position by screaming.I looked around in the darkness and there, red bright words on the ceiling reading 'Do you see what I see?' Not understanding the message I looked back down only to see a bright gold with red eyes, but there was no pupil. It had teeth like a shark glowing in the dark. My mind screaming run, but my feet were glued to the floor. It was taller than me and bigger, taking big, slow, powerful steps towards me. "Oh no! No! No!" I panicked. I close my eyes then reopened them. "Rene." it growled my name.

 We were now face to face and I knew I had to do something. It grab me and I scream, kicked, and punch , but none of that was helping. "Wake up!" a voice roared and all of sudden, I felt something hit my back hard causing a sharp pain and a scream out of my mouth. I open my eyes to see Tristan standing over me with an unreadable face. "Master?" I spoke and he rolls his eyes. "You have any idea what time is it? I couldn't sleep because of your frantic heartbeat was going wild. So I came in here to see what's going on." he says. It sounded like he was concerned just a little bit, but I probably annoyed him most likely. "Sorry." I said. "I know your sorry, slave. I didn't know my pretty slave like to sleep in a t-shirt and panties." he says, while his eyes turning an orangery color with the hint of red.

I get up from the floor and sat on my bed, looking away from those eerie eyes. He sits next to me, taking my hair out of the ponytail and run his fingers through it. His eyes reminded me just like the one in my nightmare. Could this be a warning? I didn't have much time to think as I felt his lips on my throat. "Your blood been calling me all night, slave. I need a drink to silence the thirst I feel," he whisper. For some strange reason, I felt compelled to give into him. "You been a good girl, slave. Perhaps I will make the bite less painful." After those words left his mouth, Tristan didn't waste anytime to bite me. Feeling his fangs gently pierce my skin and wow, I never felt this kind of sensation before. Pleasure. This can't be Tristan right now. Tristan seemed the type to never be gentle with any being, but here he was doing it. His fingers gets lost in my thick hair and the other hand on my waist wrinkling my shirt. He withdrew his fangs from my neck and stared at me. "Sleep." he said, and I fell to sleep.

I was in the kitchen talking to Tammy while eating a sandwich and an apple. "How you holding up Rene?" she asked. "Well, ok, I guess." I shrug, but I kept to myself how I really felt. Tammy nods chewing on her pizza. Dana and Janice arrived in the kitchen and took a seat by me. "Hey," I smiled. "How are you guys?" Janice was the first to pipe up with a smile on her face. "I'm good Rene. Julius and I went shopping. You like my new outfit?" she stands up, giving me and Dana a twirl. Now, I'm no expert in fashion, but her outfit looked expensive like you'll see in a fashion show. Dana rolled her eyes. " My Julius is such a sweet hart. " Janice smiled dreamily. "Janice, he's not some normal human, he is a vampire. Don't forget that." Dana advised. It was Janice turn to row her eyes. "Dana is right Janice, he may act human, but he is not one. They are killers." Jack said. "So are humans." Janice frowns. I sensed an argument coming on and I need to distract them. "Hey! Anyone notice anything strange as of late?" I questioned. They looked at me then at each other. "Nope. Nothing out of the ordinary" Paige shook her head. Is it that nobody really notice that something was a bit tad off? Or is it I'm more on alert ever since my strange conversation with the old maid?