Chapter 27: Dreadful Return

I scrambled off the ground to run away from the pissed off monster. I turn to look at her seeing she was just standing still looking at me. I was the mouse and she was the cat. This is a game for her. Letting me run and we both knew I could never outrun or hide from her. What could I do?

Eventually Karla caught me with a snap of a finger. We both stared at each other. My frightened eyes to her predator eyes. "You have guts for a human. No one would dare to stab a vampire." She said smiling. Her face contorted into anger and her hand found my neck. Squeezing it slowly. "I want to hear the screams of terror and pain come out your mouth." Karla says. Quick as lightning, Karla teeth sunk into my neck and I feel the blood trickle down. Then I felt no pain and I open my eyes to see she wasn't there. Karla layed on the floor with someone standing next to her.

Karla instantly gets up but was automatically knocked down to the floor. She wiped her mouth and growled. "Who dares!" She screams. "You should watch your mouth." Aries says. Thankful to hear him, I called out to him before my knees gave out on me. Instantly he was right there next to me picking me up. "Prince Aries? Apologies my Prince, I didn't know it was you." Karla looked truly shocked. Karla bowed in front of him then raised back up. "Stay here." He say to me and I nod. " If I find you doing that again believe me when I say this. You don't want me catch you doing that again." Aries said with icy edge. "I'm sorry" she say, but didn't sound sincere. "Sure you are. You knew what you were doing. Tristan finds what you did he won't be happy. And you know how he is. Then you have me to deal with also."

"Is that a threat Prince Aries?" She asked. "A warning." His voice was tight. Karla stared back at him but it was short lived as her eyes drop to the floor. "She's not yours." Karla says but Aries grab her arm and tighten his grip to the point Karla winced in pain. "Talking back to me is a bad idea and you know this. I have more power over you than you can ever wish for. I can break you in half like a twig with no effort. It's that easy." He says eerily, calm, and with a dark voice. Karla took a step back looking scared.

He takes a step forward. Never have I seen this side before and probably won't be the last time. "Whoa, is there another person because this isn't Aries." I turned my head looking at Tristan. Aries turns his head. "No words for me? Usually you always have something to say." Tristan said as he walk towards me. His eyes never leaving my frame. My body tense feeling his presence. Aries didn't budge as Tristan kept talking.

"How interesting you are Aries. Never would I ever hear you threaten someone. Using your royal status on Karla. Interesting indeed." Tristan said, sounding amused. Aries growl a little but still just stood there listening. Tristan keeps walking getting closer to us making feel anxious. The tension was heavy in the room and I knew something was gonna happen.  "Bring me Rene Karla," says Tristan. Karla looked at him and Aries with fear and a questioning look. She was hesitant, but did so anyway. Soon as Karla got closer to me Aries put his hand out. "No." He simply said. Tristan raised an eyebrow at him. "I think your forgetting that she is MY slave. Not yours. You really starting to annoy me." Tristan said.

"The feeling is mutual." Aries said. Tristan laughs walking towards Aries now. "I be nice to you and this is the thanks I get?"
"When have you ever be nice? Who were you nice to? Name one. Human or vampire." Aries counters. "You. I have been nice to you."
"Please. Your were doing fathers orders. I'm quite sure you wouldn't have done that by being nice. That isn't you." Aries said, taking a closer step to Tristan. Tristan face hardens. "I fed you."
"You put something in it, I know you did." Aries said. The conversation was confusing to me. I didn't understand when Tristan claim he was nice to Aries. Then Aries claim he put something in his food.

What happened between these two? The two vampires stares at each other . It was an uncomfortable silence in the area. "I'm taking her. You can cry to father all about it if you want." Tristan said harshly. "Father isn't gonna be the only one you gonna have to deal with." Aries said. Tristan laughs to himself. "Right now I don't think your on his good side. Remember? "
"Hell, you shouldn't even be here. I wonder what he say if I drag you to him. Hmm?" Tristan grins while Aries curses underneath his breath. "That won't happen." Aries said, getting in Tristan face now.

Tristan pats Aries shoulder and says, " It will,"
Fast as lighting Tristan stuck Aries with a needle and injects him with something that look like grey liquid. Aries manage to push him off, but whatever was injected in him was already doing damage. Aries stumble walking to get to Tristan but Tristan takes a step back each time. Aries falls and hit the ground not moving. "No. Aries no." I whisper sadly. Tristan turns around and grabs me. "How dare you have pity on him! I command you not too!" He yells. I whimper how upset he looked at me. Very scary. He grabs my arm pulling me close. "You thought I was gone? Did you? But I'm here. Right here and right now. Never should I have been gone for so long knowing Aries is always being the curious little runt cat that he is." Tristan said. Karla walks up to him smiling her wicked smile. "You've been having fun without me hmm?"

Karla nods. "Bad girl." He says in a lustful way and Karla giggles. "You and me together are gonna have fun. With our toy here." Tristan's points at me as fear takes over me.