Chapter 36: Meeting The King

Rene p.o.v

"I need fresh air," I say as I got up and head out to the kitchen backdoor. Hearing foot steps behind me, I knew Janice was following me. Once both of us were outside, we hugged each other feeling the rain cloud above us. "This feels like a.."
"Don't worry . Remember? I'm a cat with nine lives?" I joked cutting off her words and she chuckled. It quickly died down and Janice was trying to find her words.
"Don't stress it okay. We will be fine." I grasped her shoulders making her look at me. She nods smiling a bit.
"It's funny you know, I'm usually the brave one. Well, Dana was before she turned all evil on us was the bravest, then it was me. You were the skittish one sort of. You've grown so much." I almost laughed how she sounded like a mother proud of her kid. Knowing her, she was very serious with her words. No wonder her and Luther were together. They were alike. I patted her shoulder trying to calm her down.

"We still need to get that book for Marcus too." I whisper.
"You're right. It's not going to be easy. Wish for luck to be on our side." Janice say and then she leaves. I stayed outside for about ten minutes thinking. Sadly I couldn't appreciate the weather or the fresh air. The day was gonna go fast setting we have a mission tomorrow to do. I came back inside seeing Luther and Janice all cozy together. Luther looks up at me saying, "He's waiting for you in the private theater room. See that elevator? Take it down to ground one." This man has a private theater room! "How do you afford all this?" I was astounded. Luther shrugs.
"I'm quite the business man." He winks. Personally I felt it's one of those 'I'll tell you, but I would have to kill you' type of secret. I give up on Luther and head inside the elevator. The elevator ride was surprisingly smooth. The elevator dings and I saw the small theater room. It looked cozy with comfortable looking chairs and a big movie screen. On the side I saw that it was a little snack bar area. This was cool.

There was Aries sitting in the middle and I joined him. Funny how he picked the loveseats.
"I'm glad you can make it." He says. Despite how dark it was, I can still see those grey eyes of his, but they still looked a little lighter like how it was earlier ago.
" I'm glad to accept your offer my Prince." I can see Aries shaking his head as a laugh escapes his full lips. His laughter was nice to hear.
"That was something." His eyes twinkled at me. "You know you don't need to do that right?"
"I know. Just a silly joke. Or a bad joke." I shrug feeling kind of embarrassed. Aries seemed not to care if it was bad or corny stupid joke.
"We are watching Frankenstein. The classic." He announced "If it gets too boring let me know"
"Oh nonsense. Black and white movies don't bother me. If anything, it helps focus on the plot more." I say and Aries looked impressed with my thought.

"Lots of people think black and white movies are boring or old. My third youngest brother Elijah always hated them. He thought it was the most boring thing he ever encountered. He liked live shows and color tv. He gets bored pretty quick. I guess I'm a bit old fashioned" Aries explains. What he said makes sense to me. Most kids my age wouldn't dare to be caught watching a black and white film. The movie started to play and I quieted down. We ended up watching two movies and making conversation on old movies and the newer ones. If you had told me that this guy was a vampire, I wouldn't believe it. He was so normal to me. He ate two candy bars, popcorn and a glass of A positive.

"That was great. I truly enjoyed myself." I couldn't help the girly smile plastered on my face. Aries smiles back at me and I felt something in me like a flutter.
"Time to freshen up for dinner." He says and you know what? That doesn't sound like a bad idea. We took the elevator back up and I notice they were gone. Who knows what they were doing, I definitely don't wanna know. Aries and I head back upstairs. I was still using his room.
"So, um, I guess we shower this popcorn smell off of us and meet up." I said.
"Alright miss boss lady." He jokes. I was about throw a pillow at him but he used his vampire speed to get away. Big cheater. I walked over to check the drawers to my surprise it was different clothes in there. I took this expensive looking pajama shirt out to wear. It literally still has the tag on it.