Chapter 9: Let's Have a Talk!

Izuku's POV

"So, um, what made you want to fake your death? Not to mention blaming it on (Y/n)." I asked the man I now knew to be Ren (L/n). I still can't believe that (Y/n's) dad is sitting right in front of me. After everything, she's told me about him, he isn't even dead. He hasn't been this whole time. This entire time, he's been with the enemy.

"Well, to be frank, I never wanted to fake my death. All I ever actually wanted was to live a normal life, make money, save people, raise an awesome daughter, live a good life with my wife. Everything a good man hopes for in his life. That want was more like a need. As I started to uncover how corrupt our hero society is, they started to catch on to me. Watching me closely, listening to my phone calls, and reading my messages. They were going to kill me at some point, I was sure of it. So instead of letting them kill me, cover it up, and continue to destroy or hero society, I faked my death, to keep myself safe, to keep my family safe, and to still be able to work towards my goal. Destroy the Heroes Safety Commission. A friend hooked me up with a dummy that was a replica of me, he pushed it off of a building after stuffing it with a bunch of meat and fake blood packets." He explained.

All I could do was look at him in awe. I'd like to think that maybe he did care for (Y/n) and her mother. But the things (Y/n) told me he did to her just didn't sit right with me. I decided to listen, but not take his word for it, after all, I trust (Y/n) a hell of a lot more than I do him, so why should I believe anything he says..........right?

"I thought that to make (Y/n) into a strong young adult, I'd have to put hardships on her since I can't be there to teach her the things I would have taught her, so I wrote a letter blaming every single thing on her. Yeah I know, it was a little fucked up, but if I didn't do what I did, she wouldn't be who she is today, and no matter how much she may hate me for it, I don't regret a second of it. I'd do it all again if I had to. Anyways, after I faked my death, I changed my name and moved towns. I did loads of research on the Safety Commission until one day this guy was trying to steal from me. He had a pocket knife and I only had enough money to get me by so I kindly told him, no, but he didn't listen. He attacked me with the knife and I had to use my hand to shield my face which got me this long cut." He continued explaining, showing me the long scar running across the back of his palm.

"I had no choice but to use my quirk on him so I grabbed his arm, and activated my quirk, leaving him completely numb from the neck down. I quickly left until I bumped into a group of people that looked like trouble, although I didn't sense any hostility from them. They told me that they were called The League of Villains, and they wanted me to join. I explained that I wasn't a villain and what my ideals were, and it just so happened that they had almost the same ideals I did. After that, I decided to join them in their fight to destroy the rotten hero society and build it back up. Ever since then, I've been sticking with them, doing missions sent out by AFO, things of the sort. But my latest mission way to track down Izuku Midoriya, and bring him to this location." Ren said, holding up a sticky note with the back facing towards me so I couldn't see the address.

"So, following orders, that's exactly what I did. However, AFO informed me that this mission was for my benefit. Which means I have permission to do whatever I please. I won't just you though, I just wanted to talk." He said still in the same position lying back in his chair, ankles crossed, hands behind his head, now one opened eye looking at me.

"So why did Shigaraki make it seem like he was in charge?" I asked. "Because he's a psycho, dry-skinned, control freak," Ren replied. "Homie is crazy." He added in. "Anyways, I think I'm gonna let you go now, when you wake up you should be back at UA, or somewhere, depends where I feel like leaving you to be honest." He said, now yawning while stretching out his arms and legs, sitting up from his slouching position.

"Wait, what do you mean when I wake up? You're not gonna-" I started, before Ren finished my sentence. "Knock you out? Yup, sure is, and what about it?" He said standing up and putting both his hands on his hips. "Hahaha, anyways, let's get this over with, oh and I don't really care if you tell (Y/n) that I'm alive. Actually, if you do find her, tell her to come find me, it'll be like Hunter x Hunter!" He said getting excited.

I honestly didn't know if I was going to tell
(Y/n) to yet. But before I could decide, Ren walked up to me and chopped me on the side of my neck with his hand, before I fell unconscious in the chair I was sitting in. "Welp, time ta getcha back boyfriend!" Ren said, before untying me, lifting me over his shoulder, and walking out of the empty building.

A/n:

Hey, y'all! So this was a short chapter, I mean it wasn't that bad but it wasn't long at all, I know. Anyways, I kind of just wanted to explain Ren's backstory to y'all and his motive and whatnot. I decided to double upload today by uploading this just because I felt like it lmao. But, the next chapter will go up tomorrow, probably later on in the day because knowing me, I probably procrastinated all day and never wrote it. So I think I'm a go ahead and get started on the next chapter, see ya! ✌️🏾