Chapter 17: Pretty Hydrangeas

Midoriya's POV

Once I got to the park, I saw my mom sitting on one of the park benches, waiting for me to arrive.

"Hey, mom!" I said with a smile, walking over to her. She looked up at me and got up to hug me. "Oh my God, Izuku! You've gotten so big! I've missed you so much! How've you been, sweetie?" She asked me, hugging me before grabbing her bag off the park bench.

"There's a café right across the street we can go to." She said pointing towards the café across the street. I nodded my head in agreement. We started walking over towards the other side of the street.

"So what's is it that's going on with Y/n? How has she been?" Mom asked, looking at me in concern as I kept my gaze on the ground. "She's good, well she was good. I don't really know how she is now. I haven't spoken to her since earlier yesterday." I told her.

"Well, why not? Isn't that your girlfriend? I was really looking forward to meeting her yesterday you know!" Mom said. "Yeah, I know. I was looking forward to meeting her mom, but there was a change of plans." I told her, before opening the door to let my mom in the café first. "Thank you!" She told me. "No problem," I replied.

"You guys can have a seat at any table and we'll be with you in a second." A worker called out to us. "Thank you!" My mom told her. We went and sat at a booth near the door.

"So, explain to me exactly what happened yesterday!" My mom told me, placing her hands in her lap. "Okay, " I said, before explaining to her the whole story. After I told her everything, I looked up at my Mom to see her expression. Instead of her usual smile, she had an unreadable expression. A completely blank face. She was starting my DEAD in the eyes. 'Damnit!' I thought to myself.

We had already taken our orders in the middle of the story, so by the time I was done, the food had come. "Okay, miss, here's your order. And for you sir." The waitress said. "Oh, and by the way, you're super cute." The waitress said with a smirk. "I know, now bye, " I said, looking at her with a stoic expression. "Hard to get, huh? I can play too!" She responded.

"You can play tag, and run right back where you came from." My mom interrupted, giving the girl an unamused expression. The waitress just rolled her eyes and went back to the kitchen. "Does that happen to you often?" Mom asked me. "Mmm, no, sometimes but not really," I responded to her. "Oh, good!" She said, taking a breath of relief. "Usually it's hoards of them." I finished.

She started choking on her food. "Oh my God, Mom! Are you alright?" I asked her. "Yeah, I'm fine, but....hoards?!" She asked, looking up at me with wide eyes. "Yeah, they do it Kacchan too!" I told her, going back to eating my food. "Wow, so about
Y/n...." My mom changed the subject.

"Oh, right," I said in response to my mom. "Why did you think she wouldn't find out. She can't be that much of an idiot......can she?" Mom asked, second-guessing herself. "Mom?! Of course, she's not an idiot! She's the smartest person I know!" I told her. "Do you......love her?" Mom asked. Now I started to choke on my food. "I'm sorry, but what?" I asked her. "I asked you if you loved her," Mom repeated herself. "I um....." I had no words. Do I love her?

Mom just smiled at me. 'He totally does!' Mom thought. "Even if I do love her, it doesn't matter cause she broke up with me. She wants nothing to do with me," I told her. "Well, that only means that you have to find a way to apologize to her. Y/n doesn't seem like the type to forgive easily, so good luck with that!" Mom said laughing a little to herself. "You're not gonna help me?!" I asked. "This is between you, and her. Not me. I'm not a part of your little situationship." Mom said. "It's not a situationship!" I told her with an annoyed expression. "Whatever helps you sleep at night!" She responded. I groaned in annoyance.