Chapter 34: Losing

𝙄𝙕𝙐𝙆𝙐 '𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙑

As Cara and I entered her and Kacchan's shared house, she locked the door behind me, following after me. I walked through the front hall of their house, unknowingly walking into the kitchen after a few turns. Kacchan, who was placed in front of the kitchen island, looked up from the cutting board he was using to direct his attention to the sound of my footsteps on the brown-stained wooden floor.

"Deku." He muttered in slight shock, not expecting me to be here.

Not really realizing it until now, I notice that it's been a while since I've seen Kacchan. It's been a while since I've seen anyone of my UA classmates, or friends in general. Well actually, Cara is the only friend I've really seen. I haven't spoken to any of my other friends since that day.

Snapping me out of my thoughts, Cara put her hand on my shoulder from behind me as she brushed past me, who was standing in the doorway, to get to Kacchan who was slightly frozen, still standing in the same spot at the kitchen island.

"Hey, baby, sorry for bringing him over on such short notice but I had to go pick him up from his therapist because he had-" Cara started.

"No, no, it's fine. You don't have to explain." Kacchan said, returning the hug Cara had initiated, still not taking his eyes off of me. I gave Kacchan a flat-lipped smile as he let go of Cara, walking towards me, a slightly aggressive look.

Once he stood directly in front of me, he quickly grabbed my by the collar of my shirt, pulling me towards him in a bone-crushing hug.

My eyes widened as I slowly raised my arms to wrap them around his torso. As Kacchan and I held each other in a tight embrace near the doorway of the kitchen, Cara stood, leaning on the refrigerator as she witnessed the rare action of Kacchan showing physical support and care to anyone besides her. He doesn't even hug his parents.

"K-Kacchan? Why are you hugging me?" I asked, still hugging him, slightly confused from the sudden display of care he was showing me.

"I'm...I'm sorry Deku. It's not fair, you don't deserve to feel like this. I know I probably wasn't the easiest person to talk to when we were in school, but I'm not the same. I swear!" Kacchan stated, his strong voice now broken down and his sniffling getting louder by the second.

"We want to be there and support you Izuku. The both of us!" Cara said, wiping the side of her cheek with the back of her hand.

My eyes swelled up with tears as my face burned red with emotion, cheeks already wet and stained with tears. I looked over at Cara to thank her, but instead of seeing her face, I saw (Y/n)'s and all the negative emotions came barreling back to me, hitting me like a bus.

I covered my eyes with my arm and let go of Kacchan, activating One For All to get out of the house as fast as inhumanly possible.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING?!" Both Cara and Kacchan yelled. I was already long gone, walking down the streets of Musutafu, approaching the area I was once at earlier.

I turned my head to look in the direction of someone's humming, followed by scraping sounds. I stuffed my cold hands in the pockets of my hoodie and pulled my hood over my head, the cloth creating a dark shadow over my eyes. Why the hell am I here again?

As I looked past about 50 cool, grey, cement stones, sticking up from the ground. A bright, pastel pink jacket immediately caught my eye as the figure was constantly pacing in front of a gravestone.

Walking through the gate and making my way over to the person without being noticed, I noticed another pink jacket with a bucket and sponge, thoroughly cleaning off the gravestone that stood ahead of the three of us.