Chapter 36: You or Me?

Play song throughout whole chapter if you want

𝙄𝙕𝙐𝙆𝙐 '𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙑

That next morning, I woke up at around 7am and left my house to jog around the block. Ever since the incident, I've made it a habit to get some fresh air early every morning, and sometimes at night too. It's something we used to do together, right before training, or sometimes for absolutely no reason at all.

As I let my legs carry me down the street, arms pumping back and forth, chest beginning to heave up and down, nostrils widening and shrinking, my mind brought me back to the events of last night.

Getting into the car with (Y/n)'s mom, remembering the feeling of unease settling in the pit of my stomach, sweat starting to form everywhere on my body, my heart rapidly beating, eyes widening every time one of us spoke to the other, wondering why I was feeling like this around someone I could trust.

I sat in the car with her, talking, talking, emptying my brain out. Trusting her, even though I felt I couldn't.

Before I knew it, I had ran a total of 8 laps around my block, stopping in front of my mailbox and looking up at my house. After a minute of staring off
to absolutely nothing, I ran my hand down my face and punched the code into my locked gate before walking up my driveway into my house.

As soon as I stepped foot inside my home, all I wanted to do was let my body collapse into my couch, or bed, or anything that would be comfortable for me to lay on.

Before I did so, I reminded myself to make a phone call to Kacchan.

"Why the hell are you calling me so damn early for?" Kacchan asked, picking up the phone after about 4 rings. "It's 10:47..." I told him, seeing that it was barely that early.

(Idk about y'all but that's early for me so I'm siding with Bakugo on this one)

"And?" Kacchan asked, finding what I told him irrelevant. I could practically see him rolling his neck and rolling his eyes at what I said.

"Can we talk, please?" I asked him. "What's goin-" Kacchan started before getting interrupted by me hanging up the phone on him. 'I'm probably gonna get my ass beat for that later,' I thought, grabbing a towel and heading over to take a quick shower before I left to meet Kacchan.

———————————

"Now what we're you talking about over the phone?" Kacchan asked me while he sat on a swing at a playground the both of us used to play at when we were younger.

"So you knew where to go," I said slightly surprised Kacchan remembered where we would always hang out before we weren't as close anymore.

"Of course I did, idiot. I'm not a dumbass," Kacchan said while leaning his cheek on his right hand that was holding the chain of the swing while looking away from me.

Approaching Kacchan, I sat on the swing beside him. "So?" Kacchan asked, getting impatient with my stalling.

Deciding that instead of dragging the conversation out, I clenched my fists while I rested my hands in my lap and got straight to the point. "Do you think (Y/n)'s mom is...I don't know, a villain or something?" I asked Kacchan, not even looking him in the face but looking down at my feet instead.

Kacchan's silence concerned me so I looked up and was met with his wide eyes and furrowed eyebrows as his red eyes glared straight through mine. "It's just that..." I began, again, trying to explain what I just asked Kacchan.

"Last night when I was with her, I felt kind of...scared, or maybe not scared but, nervous? I'm not sure, really, I just was feeling like I shouldn't have been there, like I was with a stranger. Maybe she wasn't acting herself or was a little off from-" "Izuku," Kacchan interrupted me.

"You do remember what yesterday was, right?" Kacchan asked me, looking at me with a straight emotionless face. "How could I forget," I said, breaking eye contact with Kacchan by looking back down at my feet, starting to think about her again.

"So you have to understand that not only was yesterday probably a hard day for her, but she also probably tried to put on a fake face when she came to pick you up so she wouldn't concern you." 'That makes sense,' I thought, listening to Kacchan brush all of my crazy conspiracies off the table.

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right. Sorry, I probably wasted your time because of me losing my mind. I don't know what's been going on with me this last 24 hours. I swear it's like I've been truly going insane," I said, speaking to no one in particular.

"Yesterday was hard for you. Sometimes it's okay to let your mind wonder off for a while, give your brain a break from constantly thinking all the time and go with the flow. That is, when you have a good excuse to do so," Kacchan told me, trying his best to comfort me in the best possible way he could.

For a few minutes we just sat in silence, letting the wind calmly fly past us as we watched our surrounding for no reason.

"By the way, Izuku, I might have heard me wrong but did you say you were with Michi last night, or another night?" Kacchan suddenly asked me, turning his head to look at me as I looked back at him and answered his question, not thinking anything about it.

"I was with Michi last night."

Kacchan's eyes slightly widened, hardly enough for me to realize, but I did. As he just sat there, staring at me, a frown started to appear on my face in confusion. 'Was it something I said?' I thought.

"What?!" We heard a voice say from close behind us. Turning around to see who the voice came from, was Cara standing just a few feet away from us, listening to our conversation from afar while walking up to us, but stopping once she heard what I said.

"What's wrong?" I asked quietly, a little weirded out from how weird Cara and Kacchan were acting after telling them I was with Cara's mom last night.

"There's no way in hell you were with her!" Cara said in disbelief, dropping her wristlet on the ground and standing there with me and Kacchan as she stared at the ground in front of her with her jaw dropped and eyes wide in absolute shock.

"What? What are you talking about?" I asked Cara, giving her a look of concern.

"I was with Mom last night. All night."

A/n:

Hey guys, how was the chapter?

I wanted to thank you all for 8K+ reads because I really appreciate it!

To be honest I don't even know how this story has gotten so many reads in just a few months. It's honestly not even that good, especially in the beginning chapters.

Anyway, I'll try to get the next chapter out for y'all before my winter break is over <3

See y'all🤍