Chapter 38: Intrusive Thoughts

IZUKU'S POV:

A large gasp was let out from me as I hurriedly sat up from the position I was in, immediately panicking. I felt the hard ground underneath me along with hard and dried up grass which told me I was probably still at the park.

"Woah, Midoriya, calm down! You're okay!" I heard a voice call out to me. Looking in the direction of the voice I saw Cara to the left of me, sitting on her knees.

I swallowed hard as I looked around, seeing Kacchan looking at me with wide eyes that were barely noticeable and his lips slightly separated. I let out one last breath before I spoke up.

"How am I here, didn't I fall through the ground?" I asked, confusion lacing through my words.

"Yeah, you did, but it spit you back out a few hours after it swallowed you up."

I looked behind Cara to see Mina also sitting on her knees. The sun was setting now, and the orange hue of the sky glowed across Cara and Mina's skin and made their eyes glow as they both looked at me with concern.

"Here, drink this," another voice said as I heard someone approaching from the right of me. I turned my head to see Ochako reaching her hand out to me, her fingers wrapped around a water bottle.

"Thanks," I mumbled as I took the water bottle from her hand, drinking half of it before laying back onto the ground.

A loud silence consumed the five of us, we all had something to say, but nobody spoke up.

This past year has been the worst year of my life. I'm tired of living like this.

I let my mind go back and forth through my thoughts. How could I fix all of this? What would make all the problems I've had in the last year go away?

What could finally put my struggles at rest?

And with that, a solution came in mind. It seemed to be the only thing that could possibly get me through all of this.

It was the only thing that could possibly work.

No, I didn't love the idea, but it was about time to put myself first, and let go of the unreal reality I can't seem to let go of.

Because in reality, I know she's gone, forever. I won't ever see her again, and she won't be coming back to life. So now, it's time to let go.

"Hey, guys," I spoke, hearing responses from the four people sitting around me.

"I've been thinking, you know, about everything that's happened lately. All the misfortune I've had since Y/n- since she wasn't here anymore."

"I've been holding on to the thought of her possibly coming back to me, but now, I realize that's never gonna happen. The more I get my hopes up and tell myself things will get better, the worse my mentality gets by the day when absolutely nothing changes."

"I live the same miserable, lonely life every single day. I'm just tired. I'm so tired of having to go through this. I'm so young, I'm successful, I should be having the time of my life, but in all reality, I don't think my life has felt more empty."

"Sometimes, I don't even feel like I'm alive," I finished.

Everyone remained silent, only wondering where this conversation could be going. It was safe to say they were scared. Scared to hear what was next to come out of my mouth, whether it be good or bad.

"What are you trying to say?" Mina asked.

"I think it's best if I move out of this town. Far away. That way, I can get closure, and finally forget about everything that's happened. I'll get a chance to start over and be happy again," I said, looking up at the now dark sky glittered with bright stars.