Chapter 12: Too Obvious

Y/n's POV

It's been about a week since I talked with my mom that day on the rooftop of UA. I've been paying closer attention to Izuku, and he's starting to be more distant from me. He treats everyone else the same but acts like I'm just acquainted with him. It's hella weird. I think Mina and Uraraka have been catching on because they asked to talk today at lunch. The rest of the girls agreed that we all needed to have a conversation.

We all got our lunches and went to sit at the table we normally all eat at. "So Y/n......hows things with you and Deku?" Uraraka asked awkwardly. "Um, well it's normal I guess. Nothing too big...heh heh." I replied, also picking up on the awkward vibe. "Cut the crap, Y/n!" Hagakure yelled. "Exactly that's bullshit!" Mina agreed.

"What the hell do you guys mean? What do you want me to say?" I spat at them. "We want to hear the truth!" Jiro said. "What's really going on, Y/n?" Tsu asked. "Yeah, we can all feel the awkward tension between you two. You hardly talk! He acts like he doesn't even know you half the time and you just......treat him the same way. You ignore each other the whole day and only speak to each other when necessary." Momo pointed out.

I knew they were right. We do hardly talk. I try to make conversation, but he shuts it down almost immediately by replying with a dry answer. I dropped my chopsticks in my bowl and looked down at my hands that were now in my lap. I had a painful look on my face. One filled with rage and disappointment. "I know, " I told them.

"So tell us what the hell is up Y/n." Mina persuaded me. "Yeah, we're here for you Y/n! We're your friends, you can tell us anything!" Uraraka encouraged. "But if you don't want to talk, we won't force you-" Jiro started. "Ta hell if we won't! You know how people get over their feelings?" Mina asked the rest. "We rant!" Hagakure answered. "Exactly, Toru!" Mina agreed. "Which means that in order to make Y/n feel better, we need to get her to rant about her feelings and release all her anger and sadness?" Momo summed up. "Right!" Mina answered her.

"Okay, " I agreed, before telling them the same thing I told my mom last chapter, I MEAN, last week. Once I finished ranting about the situation, I was squeezing two stress balls, my eyes glowed red, and all of my friends stared at me, speechless. "Wow," Jiro said. "Yeah, what she said," Uraraka responded. "I agree with both of them." Momo agreed. "Same here," Hagakure added in. "Yeah, me too," Tsu said. "Me. Fucking. Three." Mina said last.

I just stared at them with my lips pressed into a straight line. "So since you guys wanted to be in my business so bad, what should I do?" I asked them. "Well, I think you should just wait for Midoriya to talk to you about it, and maybe try to address him about the situation one more time. If he doesn't respond well to your attempt. And he doesn't address you about the situation and tell you what was going on, I'd drop it." Momo responded.

"Heck no!" Uraraka and Hagakure said at the same time. "I agree with Ms. L/n. You need to track this idiot down!" Hagakure said, raising from the table. "Agreed!" Mina said. "Well I think-" "No I think what Hagakure said was right!" Jiro interrupted Tsu. "Same here, and we'll help you!" Uraraka said, pulling a fist up in front of her. "Well I don't agree, but you are my friend, so whatever you need, let me know," Momo said. "Me too!" Tsu finally spoke out.

"Thank you, guys!" I thanked them. "No sweat! Anyways, I think it's time to get back to class." Uraraka said, grabbing her lunch tray and getting up from our table. "Dang it!" Mina complained, doing the same as Uraraka. We all did the same, taking care of our trays and making our way to our classroom.

After class that day, I got on the first bus going to the dorm buildings. Once I was back at the dorms, I went into my dorm and changed into some sweatpants and a sports bra, before grabbing my phone and heading down to the common room. I sat there and went on my phone for a while, my classmates slowly beginning to pile into the room.

Izuku entered in with Todoroki and Iida and went straight upstairs. He came back down about 5 minutes later in some sweatpants and a loose white T-shirt. He came to the couch and sat right beside me, laying his head on my shoulder, nuzzling his face in the crook of my neck. 'His bipolar ass' I thought. I honestly felt like pushing him off, but I decided not to let my rage take over, and go with the flow for once.

He let out a long sigh and began to speak. "I'm sorry." He told me. 'Pfft. You better be!' I decided to just keep that thought in my head. "I know I've been shutting you out, and I'm sorry. I've just had a lot going on right now, trying to figure out another work-study and all. It's been pretty stressful, and I haven't been fulfilling my duties as your boyfriend. I'll do better." He apologized. 'Bullshit!' I thought, but once again kept it to myself.

Little did I know, Mina and Jiro were watching and listening from the distance, and they thought the same as me. "Mhm! No prob." I said emotionlessly.

Izuku's POV
What I was telling her was indeed a load of bs, but a little white lie would have to do for now. The real reason I've been being distant with her is that the guilt from lying to her is actually getting to me. You'd have to be crazy to sit in front of someone's face all day every day, especially someone as close as Y/n is to me, knowing that you're keeping a life-changing thing from them.

It drove me crazy watching Y/n smile and laugh, knowing that if she was to know the truth, I wouldn't be able to see her smile. That's exactly why I can't tell her. And since I refuse to tell her, I had to distance myself for a bit so I wouldn't tell her out of guilt. Something tells me she's going to keep prying until she gets to the root of the situation. And if I'm right, I have to find a way to prevent that from happening. No matter the costs!

A/n:

So, how y'all liking the story? Too much drama? Not enough? Just enough? Let me know.
(🎶 Let me knooooooowwwwwww 🎶 ~Aaliyah)
Okay I am stop playing. Oh, btw I meant to ask if I should start putting pictures/gifs in the beginning of the chapters? I thought about it, but tbh it's up to y'all. Anyways, this chapter should have gone out sometime on Monday since it is a draft, next chapter should be tomorrow, like always. ✌️🏾