Chapter 22: Break From Toronto

Again, this is a random song title that I used for this chapter's title because I didn't know what else to name it. The title has nothing to do with this chapter, enjoy!

--------------------------------------

Y/n's POV

"Your father, " Mom said.

"Listen, Ma. I don't want anything to do with that man, okay? I'll take care of him when the situation needs to be taken care of. I have no interest in him whatsoever." I straight up said.

"Listen, I understand you're upset, but your gonna let me finish before you start putting unnecessary responsibilities on yourself, okay? What I was trying to say, is that I think you and your class should get away for a few days. Because when you get back, we're going to have to lock down on a lot of stuff." Mom suggested.

"Are they doing this so the League doesn't attack again?" Izuku asked. "We're not necessarily focused on the League right now. They have no real interest in us. We believe that it's Ren whose focus is on UA and the hero society as a whole. UA, because you go here, and the hero society, because I work under it, and because of his hate for it." Mom told us.

"What do you mean his hate for it? He worked under the hero society's influence too, didn't he? Why would he hate them if he worked with them for so long?" I asked.

"Back when he kidnapped me, he told me about how much he hated the hero safety commission because of how corrupt it is. He had very similar ideals to Stain. He said that once he started finding out the truth about what was going on with them, they started to grow suspicious of him. They eventually tried to kill him to tie up any loose ends, so, as a result, he faked his death, so he could protect both of you and his family. Those were his words." Izuku told us.

"What?!" Mom said in disgust. "Um, yeah it's pretty crazy!" Izuku said. "So, Mom? Did you already know about the corruption of the hero safety commission?" I asked. She sighed, closing her eyes and putting her head down. She opened her eyes, her purple eyes glowing from underneath her eyelids, staring at her lap.

"Yes, I did." She answered. "So why haven't you quit yet? You're giving them the justice of having an amazing hero wrapped around their finger, kissing their asses!" I yelled.

"First off, watch who the hell you're talking to like that before I embarrass you in front of your little boyfriend! Second, I'm not kissing anyone's ass! Before you start assuming shit, ask questions when you don't know what the hell you're talking about! I have a contract with the hero safety commission. The contract lasts for ten more years, so legally, I cannot quit my fucking job!" Mom yelled, her eyes glaring at me as they started glowing a bright, lavender color.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." I apologized.

"I know you fucking didn't! All the top twenty heroes have this contract signed! All Might is the only person that is legally allowed to retire. And that's only because he literally can't do hero work anymore! The commission ordered him to work here for the rest of his contract! Even if he didn't have the contract, and didn't have to work here, he would still do it to help you guys because that's just how he is! That's how all of us are! We're doing our best, aside from having to stay working with the hero safety commission to make this world a better place! So it'd be nice if my own fucking daughter had some faith in me!" Mom said, sounding a little hurt.

"I do have faith in you, I just- I wish you could just be free from these two-faced bastards! It's not fair!" I yelled, annoyed. "I know, right!" Said a familiar voice, flying in from behind Mom. "Hey, chickadee!" Hawks greeted me. "Oh, hey Midoriya!" Hawks waved at Izuku. "Hey, cannibal!" I greeted Hawks, my mood getting a little happier from seeing him again. "H-h-hi, Hawks! Um, what are you doing up here?" Deku asked.