Chapter 16: Me, Myself, and I

Midoriya's POV

As I left UA High, I made my way back to Tokyo, Japan. I went to the alley I was snatched through. After all, it was the last place I remember being before I fell unconscious on the way there.

I started walking through the alley until I was met with a bigger alley. At the end of it, there were two pathways I could take. I went left. Walking down the path, I was met with a tall gate at the end of the path, to the right, there was another nongated path that I chose to follow. As I walked down the path/road, I was met with a few buildings, medium-sized. One specifically stood out to me. I went inside.

"This is it," I said lowly.

"Ahhhhh Izuku! How I've missed you! How have ya been? How's Y/n? I'm guessing you didn't tell her about me being alive......yeah sorry 'bout that!" I turned around to see Ren L/n walking up to me.

"So? To what do I owe the pleasure?" Ren asked, taking a seat in a chair near me. I activated my quirk, letting my body be engulfed by green electricity. "I think you know damn well why I'm here!" I yelled at Ren. He gulped.

"Alright before we get violent, let's talk about this okay? I really don't wanna fight you, it won't be fair for you. Not trying to sound cocky or anything though." Ren said, crossing his hands in front of him in a ❌ motion.

"I don't wanna talk, you've done enough of that! That's how we got here!" I yelled, visibly frustrated. "You look kinda badass in your hero costume, not gonna lie! It's almost scary. Anyways I'm gonna take my leave, stay safe though." And before I could even begin to process a thought, Ren stepped backward into a purple-colored portal, leaving me in the now-empty building.

"DAMNIT! I let him get away. This is gonna take longer than I thought." I told myself. I wanted to tell All Might, but I didn't want to get him involved at the same time. I started this mess so I'm gonna finish it too.

I walked out of the building, planning my next move to be met with Kacchan and Todoroki. "Thought you would be here," Todoroki said, with a frank expression. "What the hell were you thinking stupid Deku?!" Kacchan asked me. "This has nothing to do with you guys so go back to UA! I'll be fine on my own!" I told them trying to walk away.

There she was, low and behold, Uraraka came from behind Kacchan and Todoroki. She snatched my ear slightly down so my face would be to her level. "Listen here Deku. I'm not asking, I'm telling you to come back to UA, clean your goddamned room, and lay your ass down before I commit homicide! Understand?" Uraraka clarified before looking me dead in the eyes with a fierce expression on her face.

"O-okay!" I agreed, slightly terrified of what would happen if I had declined. The four of us walked back to UA, all of us going our separate ways once we got in and out of the elevator. The whole walk back to UA, no one said a word. It wasn't uncomfortable or awkward, but Uraraka is a social person so it was kind of strange coming from her. Kacchan and Todoroki though? That's normal behavior for them not to talk.

I walked into my room, changing into a beater and some shorts, plopping down on my bed in tiredness. I need to come up with a plan and fast. One that won't get anyone I care about involved. There's only one obvious option here, but I want to avoid that at all costs.

I turned over my pillow, only to be met with another warm side. What in the ACTUAL HELL! Both sides warm? What did I do to deserve this? 'Break Y/n's resolve....' My self conscious told me. Yeah, that sounds about right.

That night, I cried myself to sleep, praying that tomorrow would be a better day.

The next morning, I woke up to the bright colors of the sunlight, illuminating my room. I got out of my bed, looking around for my phone. I eventually found it, burrowed underneath my now, demolished ceiling fan. I should pick up a new one today.

I didn't worry about getting ready for school since today was Saturday, wait......THE DINNER! I completely forgot!

I turned my phone on and plugged it up so it wouldn't die. I had 5 missed calls from Mom💕 and 3 new messages.

 I had 5 missed calls from Mom💕 and 3 new messages

(ignore the timestamps and Inko's spelling mistakes, I didn't feel like redoing them, sorry!)

I grabbed some clothes and made my way to the bathroom, showering, washing my hair, and getting myself ready to leave. About an hour after my shower, I finally worked up the courage to go downstairs and face everyone. I took a deep breath, and walked out of my dorm, closing the door behind me. I took the elevator down to the first floor, going to the fridge to grab a bottle of water, before grabbing my keys, and heading out.

(Oh and all of the characters are 17/18, I know in Japan you have to be 18 to have a license for a car, but we're gonna set that back to 17 for the sake of the story, okay bye)

Before I walked out the door, I was called. "Hey, Midoriya?" Denki asked me. "Yeah? What is it Kaminari?" I asked him. "Why'd you do it?" Sero cut in. "What?" I asked. "He asked why you did it?!" Kirishima yelled, becoming frustrated while he balled his fists and stared straight in front of him, not making eye contact with me.

"I thought that if I didn't tell her, she wouldn't have to go through the pain of knowing the truth," I admitted. "Ya know something, Midoriya?" Momo started. "Hmm?" I asked. "That sounds like a load of bullshit!" Jiro said, her words cutting through me like a knife and butter.

I pursed my lips and walked out of Heights Alliance. This time, with no friends, no girlfriend, no one.

A/n:

Hey y'all! So this was a very short chapter. Ngl I kinda rushed it just a little because I new that if I waited any longer to finish writing this chapter then it wouldn't get finished lmao. Anyways, hope you guys liked it, the next chapter I'll try to make more interesting, I promise. See ya ✌️🏾