Chapter 40: Beware

IZUKU'S POV:

It was late afternoon. After a whole week of packing things inside my house and putting the house up for sale we could finally relax and be finished.

The sun setting made the sky turn an orange color as I placed the last box inside the back of the moving truck parked outside my house.

I stood back and let out an exhausted sighed, taking the bottom of my shirt and wiping the sweat off of my forehead.

"Well, that should be the last of them," Uraraka stated, using the back of her hand to wipe her forehead before placing both hands on her hips and looking up at the sky.

"We're never gonna move if it's that much damn work," Kacchan said to Cara as his usually scowl covered his face.

"I'm with you on that," Cara responded, interlocking her fingers as she held her arms up in the air and arched her back, cracking her back and arms.

"Well, we're gonna head home now, we'll be back tomorrow to send you off," Cara said as her and Kacchan said their goodbyes and walked down the sidewalk towards their shared home.

"Yeah, I think i'll head out too, i'm so tired! Ochaco you coming with?" Mina asked, turning to the brunette girl who had her hair wrapped in a loose ponytail, small strands of her framing her face.

Uraraka looked over at Mina before looking over at me, who was looking at my house with a small, sad smile.

"You can go ahead without me, I'll call you when I'm on my way home," Uraraka said, watching Mina nod her head and hop on her light pink bike, pedaling off.

"So how you feeling with tonight being your last night here and all?" Uraraka asked, catching my attention.

I looked over to her before I furrowed my eyebrows and looked away. "I don't know, i'm really upset about leaving and all but i'm also kind of happy. I'll get to start over, and hopefully forget about everything that happened," I spoke honestly.

"Deku...you know that's not how that works, right. You might get a change of scenery and it might make things better but you won't just magically forget about everything that happened, i'm sorry-"

"Don't you think I know that?!" I snapped, cutting her off. It was silent for a minute, before I sighed, closing my eyes and putting my head down to the ground.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled. This is the only option I have left, the only thing left that can make
me forget about this hell of a life i'm living. So even if I can just leave this place, this town, and go just a day without thinking about what happened a year ago, i'm gonna do it," I spoke.

"Right, cmon let's go inside, it's freezing!" Uraraka shivered and began making her way to the front steps of my house.

"I can make some tea," I offered before watching Uraraka vigorously nod her head.

(Y/n)'s POV:

I slipped on a black hoodie as I grabbed a couple things, stuffing them inside the front pocket.

"Where you going, kiddo?" Ren asked from the couch, not even turning his head to look at me.

"I have a few people to go see, then i'm picking up some flowers and after that i'll go see Izuku," I quietly said, my voice still raspy from the damage to my throat that still hasn't healed.

"Okay, be safe out there," he said, pausing the show he was watching and placing the remote beside him.

"Got it," I said before walking up to the door, reaching for the door handle. "(Y/n)," he called my name again.