Chapter 35: Pistanthrophobia

Play song throughout whole chapter

RECAP

After leaving the residence of The Bakugo's, Izuku made a quick visit back to the grave yard of his now deceased girlfriend, (Y/n L/n), seeing his past UA classmates paying her a visit, one of them being Mina Ashido, (Y/n)'s close companion. The other, being Ochaco Uraraka, a former friend of (Y/n) and Izuku. A small conversation was exchanged by the three as they split up and once again went their separate ways like before.

As Izuku made his way back to his home, he got an emergency phone call by the Hero Safety Commission to report to the building immediately for an emergency mission. Being sent further downtown from where he was at, Izuku was ordered to collect data and information from the inside of an abandoned train station that was suspected to be a hide out for the LOV.

Arriving there, Izuku was met with hundreds of police officers and low rank heroes that swarmed the out side of the underground train entrance.

As Izuku explored the inside of the train cars, he was met with a shocking discovery of his girlfriend's press on nail. Shaking it off, Izuku started back on his exploration of the train as LOV member, Dabi, plotted a trap for Izuku by trying to lock the boy in.

𝙄𝙕𝙐𝙆𝙐 '𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙑

"Hey." I heard a voice call from behind me as I had stood up from the floor after slipping what I thought could've been (Y/n)'s old press on nail in my pocket.

My body had immediately went stiff from hearing the voice call out to me. I couldn't move, couldn't think, couldn't see, couldn't hear. That was, until that persons voice started to ring louder and louder in my ear, then slowly approaching me as I continued to stand in place with my back turned to them.

What the hell is going on today? It's like this anniversary caused all hell to break loose, but why?

Still not being able to work up the courage to face the person speaking to me, I still stood silent and still as a single tear from one of my eyes raced another tear from my other eye down my cheek and to the point of my chin, dropping off into the blood stained carpet of the train that I currently had no concern in wondering why it had blood, or what happened.

"Don't go into the next cart. Leave the train, immediately." I heard from the person standing behind me.

Am I imagining this all?

"(Y/n)?" I asked, already knowing damn well who the figure behind me was. I heard a deep chuckle that almost sounded a bit forced as I stared straight forward into the window of the door that separated this train car from the next.

"Stay safe, Izuku." (Y/n) said, her voice sounding very low and scratchy, like her vocal cords were damaged.

"Wait, Y/n! Don't leave-" I started as I quickly turned around to be met with a, once again, empty train car. Well, empty besides me of course. Just in those few seconds, maybe a minute at most, she was there, and then gone. Once again, she managed to slide out of my grasp and there was nothing I could do about it. There was nothing I tried to do about it.

I looked down to the carpeted floor where I presume (Y/n) stood to see yet another black press on nail. This one had fresh blood painted across the back of it, almost as if it was ripped off of someone's finger.

I turned back around to the car door that would lead me to the next car of the train, once again staring through the window to the next part of the train. What lies in the next part of the train?

I grabbed on to the handle, but stopped myself right before snatching the jammed door open.

(Y/n)'s voice replayed through my mind like a CD, the calm voice that I learned to adore, now replaced by a pained and strained voice, struggling to get the two sentences out.

"I think I might be insane," I mumbled to myself, pulling at the roots of my hair, stress beginning to irritate me and cloud my mind. At this point, my mind was wandered so far away from what my mission actually was. I don't even remember what I came here for. The only thing that ran through my mind now was if (Y/n) was here, if so, where was she, and if she's alive, or dead.

Now what?

I cant go to the next cart, which means no completing whatever I was actually sent here for. Maybe this is all just an illusion. Maybe I really am insane.

A loud rumble shook the floor of the train as I started to come back in my right mind and quickly run back towards the exit of the train. Just as I reached the door, it slammed shut automatically, confusing me because of the train not being powered.

What the hell is going on? I quickly ran to the closest window and began to kick it in. My shoe repeatedly hit the hard glass, trying my best to break it so I could escape the train. To my luck, the window eventually broke with the help of One For All's power, but along with the shatter of the train window was my now also shattered ankle.

It's like everything was falling apart. Like today was cursed to be some sort of hell on Earth or something. One thing was for sure though.

"Whatever happened to you, (Y/n), it goes deeper than this, doesn't it?" I asked aloud, hoping to get some sort of sign or answer from her that I was on the right track, quite literally.

I limped over several rows of train-less train tracks, making my way back to the entrance of this underground abyss that used to be used for transporting Japan's trusted citizens.

As I finally hit the surface, feeling the cool breeze of the outside air hit my freckled cheeks, I looked around my surroundings to see that all backup once there was no where to be found. The police, lower rank heroes, everyone, gone.

I felt around the red fabric pockets of my hero suit's utility belt that Kacchan had gifted me quite a while back and grabbed my phone. I immediately dialed the first phone number I could think of.

As the phone dialed the contact I pressed on, regret began to settle in the pit of my stomach. 'Should I trust them?' I thought. My gut answer was no, but before I was able to end the call, answering the phone call, the person dialed quietly spoke on the other line.

"Hello? Do you know what time it is, Midoriya? What's so important that you had to call me so early in the damn morning?" They asked, sounding slightly annoyed that they were awoken from their mid-night slumber.

I looked down at my illuminated phone to look and see what time it actually was.

2:14 am

The time read.

No way in hell I was underground that long.

Bringing my focus back to the task at hand after getting growled at for not saying anything, I opened my mouth to speak, feeling myself wanting to spill out the information and theories I had shoving around in my mind, but I refrained, keeping the phone conversation short and simple.

"I need you to come get me. It's of high importance to you, please. Something is wrong, Michi." I spat out, making sure to carefully pick what choice of words I was willing to use over the phone. After all, anyone could be listening...

...or watching...

"When you know something is wrong, but don't know exactly what it is, the air around you changes." - Sarah Addison Allen

"Always trust your gut, it knows what your head hasn't figured out yet." - Unknown

A/n:

Hey y'all! Hope you liked the chapter!

Let me know what y'all are thinking about where the plot is right now, and what you think might happen next!

Please comment cause I'm trying to read y'all's comments!

Also, I'm a little late, but thank you all for 6K!!!!!! This story is growing so fast and I couldn't thank y'all enough!

Next chapter coming sooner or later lmao

Peace out ✌🏾