Vol 1.Chapter 2 - Class D

Hikigaya POV

I don't like the entrance ceremony. A lot of first years think the same way.

The principal and the students are all thanking each other annoyingly, there's way too much standing, and it's a pain in the butt because there are too many troublesome things.

But that's not all I want to say.
The entrance ceremony for the elementary, middle, and high school marks the start of one major trial for students.

Following my principle of avoiding trouble, I think it would be best to avoid making friends

Overlooking the classroom, I walked over to the seat with my nameplate on it.

A seat towards the back of the room and near the window. Generally a good spot to get.

The classroom was only about half full.
Students were either looking at their class materials by themselves or were talking to acquaintances and friends.
Well either way I don't really care

“You, from before…!"

Feeling perplexed, I was doing some serious soul-searching.

Bruh.

Involuntary, I let out a deep sigh from the bottom of my lungs. My high school life seems very bleak.

I noticed that the classroom was nearly full, and then I heard someone putting down their bag on the seat next to me.

"That's a heavy sigh, even though the school semester hasn't even started yet. I feel like sighing after meeting you again."

The person who sat next to me was the girl I argued with after getting off the bus.

"… So we were in the same class, huh."

After all, there are only 4 first-year classes. It's not like it's probabilistically impossible that we were put in the same class.

Well either way I don't really care again
Than for the first time I saw her face.
Wow, she's cute.
I mean, she's a beauty.

Even though she was in the same grade, she could probably pass as a second or third year student.Unfortunatly her personality is garbage like me.

Than suddenly someone game to the classroom, it was the boy who argued with the girl in the bus

"... I see. Certainly is bad luck."

It seems like not only us, but that problem child is also in the D class.
Without noticing us at all, he sat down at the seat marked "Koenji". I wonder if he knows what the term "friendship" means. Let's try observing him for a bit.
Koenji then propped his legs onto the desk, took out a pair of nail clippers, and started doing maintenance on his fingernails. He acted as if he was the only one there and ignored all of his surroundings.