Vol 1.Chapter 15 - Preparation

Hikigaya POV

It's the first weekend of May. Ike and the others started listening to the teachers silently. Only Sudou kept sleeping through class, but no one tried to stop him. Because no one find a reliable way of increasing our points, Sudou's habits were not fixed.

However, Sudou still received the ire of a lot of the classmates every day.
 It's the period of lunch right now.
As everyone stood up to go to lunch, Hirata started to talk.

"The test that Chiyabashira-sensei mentioned is coming up soon. Everyone understands that they'll have to drop out of school if they receive failing marks. So, I think that it would be best if we form study groups."

It looks like the hero of class D decided to start a charity project.

"If you neglect your studies, you'll immediately receive failing grades and drop out. I want to avoid that situation. Studying isn't solely for avoiding that situation, because there is also a high possibility that our test scores are reflected on our points. If we get high grades, the assessment of our class would probably go up. I asked some of the people who got good grades to help out. So, I would like people who are worried about their grades to come participate in the study group. Of course, everyone is welcome to join."

Hirata stared at Sudou while he made his speech

"… Tch."

Sudou averted his eyes, crossed his arms, then closed his eyes.
Every since Sudou rejected Hirata's invitation to do a self-introduction, their relationship has been bad.

"From 5 o'clock today until the day of the test, I plan to study every day for 2 hours in this classroom. If you have any thoughts of participating, please come. Of course, it's fine if you have to leave halfway. That's all."

As soon as he said that, several of the students with failing marks stood up and went to Hirata.

Sudou, Ike,Yamauchi,Karuizawa,Ayanokouji,Oreki,Azusagawa and Sakurajima,Yukinoshita,Chitanda and Koenji  were the only ones that didn't go up to Hirata. Ike and Yamauchi hesitated for a moment, but in the end, they didn't approach him.

I wasn't sure whether they were afraid of Sudou's bad mood, or if they were simply jealous of his popularity.

"Hikigaya-Kun, will you listen to me?"

Suddenly my neighbour called me.

"Ever since Chiyabashira-sensei's advice, the number of infractions during class has certainly decreased. It wouldn't be wrong to say that more than half the reason for our deducted points has been erased."

"Yea, that's true. It wasn't a really hard problem to solve, though."

It may not last very long, but at least the last few days are much better than before.

"Now, the next thing we have to do is to improve the test scores for the midterm in two weeks. Earlier, Hirata-kun also started to take some action."

"Study groups, huh. Well… I guess it would help.”

"I'm somewhat relieved because Hirata-kun proactively started up a study group. However, Sudou-kun, Ike-kun, and Yamauchi-kun didn't join, right? I still feel uneasy."

"Oh, those guys. They're not on very good terms with Hirata. They wouldn't participate."

"In other words, those guys will probably fail. And in order to get up to class A, we have to avoid getting negative points and focus on staying positive, right? I also think there's a high possibility that good test scores are related to getting positive points."

It's natural to think that the students would get a reward proportional to the effort they put in.

"What if—you also hold a study group like Hirata? So that we can help out Sudou, Ike, and Yamauchi."

“Yes I was  planning to make a study group,Chitanda will bring them to the library.”

“So what do you want? you already have Chitanda for that.”

“Well I was planning to make you as a back up plan if my study group fail.If you are free please go to the library. Here, this is my phone number. If something happens, contact me."

Although it was in a unusual way, for the first time in my high school life, I got the contact info of a girl other than my mom or my sister.

A/N:Yeah done here lmao

(A/N:This was funny and sad lol) 

(Pic is not mine)

(Pic is not mine)