Vol 1.Chapter 12 - S-System Revealation

Oreki POV

May 1

The morning bell for the first school day of May rang. Soon after, Chiyabashira-sensei walked in, holding a poster rolled into a tube. Her face is always grim and serious.

Are you in menopause?

"Sensei~, are you in menopause?"

Ike really asked that out loud. However, I'm shocked that we were thinking the same thing.

I'm disgusted to have the same thought with you.

"Alright, morning homeroom is starting. Are there any questions before we start? If there's something on your mind, feel free to speak up."

Chiyabashira-sensei completely ignored Ike and continued to talk. She talked as if she was completely convinced that the students had something to ask. Immediately, several people raised their hands.

"Um, I checked my point balance this morning, and no points were deposited. Weren't they supposed to be provided on the first day of the month, every month? I was impatient because I couldn't buy the juice I wanted."

"Hondou, I explained it before, didn't I? Points are wired to student's accounts on the first day of the month, every month. They were wired without any problems this month as well."

"Uh, but... I didn't get any points."

Hondou and Yamauchi exchanged looks. Ike was too surprised to notice their looks.

"... Are you guys really that stupid?"
Is she angry? Delighted?
Chiyabashira-sensei had an ominous feeling about her.

"Stupid? What?"

Chiyabashira-sensei had a sharp glint in her eyes as Hondou repeated her words like an idiot.

"Sit, Hondou. I'll explain it again."

"S-sae-chan sensei?"

Surprised by her strict tone, Hondou slumped down into his seat.

"Points were deposited. Without fail. The likelihood that this class was left out is very low. Do you understand?"

"No, even if I say I do understand, we haven't received our points..."

Hondou had a dissatisfied expression on his face.

"Hahaha, I see, it was like that, teacher. I've understood this riddle now."

Koenji said in a loud voice while laughing. Putting his feet on the table, he pointed at Hondou with his self-important attitude.

"We didn't receive any points because we're in class D."

"Hah? What's that supposed to mean. They said we'd get 100,000 points every month..."

"I don't remember hearing that. Right?"
Smirking, Koenji then turned and pointed his finger to Chiyabashira-sensei.

"Your attitude has some problems, but what Koenji is saying is on the right track. Not many people seem to have noticed my hint. How sad."

The classroom erupted in uproar and confusion.

"... Sensei, can I ask a question? I still don't understand."

Hirata raised his hand. Rather than being concerned about his own points, it looks like he's asking to help the worried students in the room. As expected of the class leader. He's taking the initiative again.

"Please tell me why we didn't get any points. If that's not possible, we can never understand."

After all, we were never given the reason for why we were never given points.