Vol 1.Chapter 3 - Convenience Store

Oreki POV

Even though this school is hard, the entrance ceremony is the same here as it is at any other school.

After a speech of thanks from some principal or other director, the ceremony ended.

And then it was noon. After we got an explanation of all the buildings and facilities on campus, the group split up.
70, 80% of the students started heading for the dorms. The rest of the students formed small groups and walked towards the cafes and the karaoke rooms. The whole crowd soon disappeared.

On my way to the dorms, I decided to go to the convenience store, which was on the way. Of course I was alone. I knew no one else.

“What an unpleasant coincidence."

Once I entered the convenience store, I immediately ran into black hair girl.

For the first time I saw her face.

Wow, she's cute,she looks like a pure angel.

“We are in the same class right?.My name is Chitanda Eru nice to meet you.”

She said in a cheerfull tone.

I sighed.

“Oreki Houtarou nice to meet you as well.”

"Wow~. They even have all the different kinds of cup noodles, this school's really convenient~"

In front of the instant food section, two boys were being noisy. After throwing a bunch of cup noodles into their basket, the two of them went to the register. They also had lots of snacks and drinks that filled up the whole basket. Since there are a lot of points that may be left over, it's only natural that they try to spend it somehow.

"Cup noodles… so they had that kind of section too, huh."

"So boys really do like this kind of stuff?.I don't think it's  good for your body Oreki-san."

"Eh, I was just considering if I should buy it."

I picked up a cup noodles bowl and looked at the price.

It said it was 156 yen.

Even though the school calls it "points," the prices are all written in yen.

"Hey, what do you think of these prices? Do they look cheap or expensive?"

"Hmm… I can't really tell, but did you find something with a strange price?"

"Hey. What are these for?"

As I looked for things to talk about, I saw something unusual.

In the corner of the convenience store, I saw individual portions of food and supplies.

At first glance, they looked the same as everything else, but with one major difference.

"Free… ?"