Vol 1.Chapter 14 - Confrotation

Ayanokouji POV

"Ayanokouji-kun and Oreki-kun from class D. Chiyabashira-sensei is calling for you. Please come to the staff room."

After a jingle, a voice came over the loudspeaker.

"Looks like you we were called by the teacher."

"Yea...Let's go Ayanokouji."

Since the first day of school, I don't remember both me and Oreki doing anything that would get both of us called. Feeling the heavy gazes of the other students, me and Oreki exited the room.

Me and Oreki reached the staff room and timidly opened the door. Looking around the room, I didn't see Chiyabashira-sensei anywhere. I called out to the teacher that was checking their own face in the mirror.

"Um, is Chiyabashira-sensei here?"

"What? Sae-chan? She was here until a few moments ago..."

The teacher who looked back had wavy, shoulder-length hair that gave off an adult-like impression. She said Chiyabashira-sensei's name as if they were close. They also look close in age.

"Looks like she had something to do. Do you want to wait inside?"

"No, I'll wait in the hallway."

I don't feel comfortable in areas like the staff room. Because I didn't want to attract any attention, I decided to stay in the hallway. As soon as I thought that, the teacher walked out into the hallway.

"I'm Hoshinomiya Chie, responsible for class B. I've been best friends with Sae since high school. We're close enough to call each other Sae-chan and Chie-chan~."

I've never heard of her before, but it seems like some useless information.

"Ne, why did Sae-chan call both of you here? Ne ne, why?"

"Who knows. I don't know the reason either..."

"I don't understand.Why were both of you called out without being given the reason? Fuun? What's both of your name?"

A barrage of questions. She examined both me and Oreki up and down.

"My name's Ayanokouji."

"Oreki Houtarou."

"Ayanokouji-kun? Isn't that a cool name~. You're popular, right~?"

What is this overly casual teacher. She's closer to a student than she is to a teacher like Chiyabashira-sensei. If this were an all-boys school, she'd probably capture the hearts of every student.But Oreki look disgusted by the teacher act.

"Ne ne, do you already have a girlfriend?"

"No... um, I'm not really popular."

I tried to make myself look offended and hurt, but Hoshinomiya-sensei still assertively approached me. With smooth motions, she grabbed my shoulders with her slender, beautiful hands.

"Fuun? That's weird, I would've totally gone for you if we were in the same class~. Is it because you're too innocent? Or are you tsuntsun?"

She poked my cheeks with her fingers. I wasn't sure what to say.She seriously ignoring Oreki while Oreki was looking away.

"What are you doing, Hoshinomiya?"

Suddenly, Chiyabashira-sensei hit Hoshinomiya-sensei's head with a clipboard. Hoshinomiya-sensei squatted down, holding her head in pain.

"Oww. What'd you do that for!"

"That's because you were doing weird things with students in here."