Vol 2.Chapter 4 - Sudou Case(Part 2)

Oreki POV

Weak Point

During homeroom, Chiyabashira-sensei had an announcement to make.

"I have an announcement for you all today. There was a bit of trouble the other day. Him over there, Sudou, and some class C students were involved in an incident. To say the truth, it was a fight"

The classroom became noisy.

Depending on the details of the disagreement between the two groups, Sudou may be suspended and the class points may be deducted. Sensei told the whole situation to the class.

Chiyabashira-sensei was so disinterested and had absolutely no expression in her face that it had a certain beauty to it.

Without any bias, she explained the school's neutral position on the whole matter.

"Uh… why hasn't the matter been resolved already?"

Hirata asked a reasonable question.

"The complaint was raised by class C. They said it was a one-sided fight. However, when we asked Sudou, he said that their claim was not true. He said that the class C students called him out, looking for a fight."

"I wasn't in the wrong,it was self-defence."

Declaring that without any shame, Sudoi attracted the cold gazes of his classmates.

"But you have no evidence. Am I wrong?"

Without evidence everything is useless.

"Evidence? I don't have anything like that."

"In other words, we don't know the truth yet. Therefore, the situation has been put on hold. The outcome will be decided on who the actual perpetrator is."

"I don't know anything except that I'm innocent. I want money for my troubles."

"He says so himself, but as of now, there's not much credibility. If, as Sudou says, there is an eyewitness, the situation may change. If there are any witnesses to the fight, please raise your hands."

Chiyabashira-sensei kept talking with an indifferent voice. No student raised their hands.

"Too bad Sudou, but it seems like no one here was a witness."

"…Looks that way."

When Chiyabashira-sensei looked at Sudou with doubtful eyes, he looked down at his desk.

"In order to look for a witness, each teacher is informing their class about the situation."

"Hah!? You told everyone!?"

The school probably can't do anything else. Since Sudou raised the possibility of a witness, each class in the school had to be asked in order to find such a person.

"Damn…!"

Sudou's plan is probably to keeping it private had already failed.

"Anyway, that's all. We'll most likely get a final decision by next Tuesday, taking the presence or absence of evidence into consideration. Homeroom is now over."

Chiyabashira-sensei left the room, with Sudou quickly leaving right after. He probably knew that he would get mad at someone if he stayed in the room.

"Hey, isn't Sudou the worst?"

The first to talk was Ike.

What a amazing friendship that they have.

"If we lost points because of Sudou, doesn't that mean we're going to have 0 points again?"