Vol 1.Chapter 18 - Horikita Suzune

Ayanokouji POV

I couldn't seem to fall asleep, so I got up and exited my room.
In the lobby, I bought some juice from the vending machine and went back to the elevator.

"Hmm?"

The elevator was on the 7th floor. Feeling curious, I looked at the CCTV monitor of the inside of the elevator. It was some random black haired girl in her school uniform.

 It was some random black haired girl in her school uniform

I hid myself behind the vending machine. The elevator reached the first floor.

While being wary of her surroundings,that random girl exited the building. After she disappeared into the dark, I chased after her

However, I involuntarily hid myself again after turning the corner.
She stopped moving. There was another person's figure.

"Suzune. I didn't think you'd follow me all the way here."

Did she leave at this hour to meet with a boy?

"I'm different from the useless me that you know. I've come here to catch up to you."

"Catch up to me, huh."

"I heard that you are in class C, it doesn't seem like anything's changed in the last 3 years. Because you've always been looking at my back, you've never been able to see your own flaws. Choosing to come to this school was another one of your mistakes."

"That's—that's wrong. I'm going to rise up to class A. And then—"

"That's impossible. You'll never reach class A. Rather, your class will crumble before that. This school isn't as easy as you think it is."

"I will absolutely, absolutely reach class A…"

"I already said it's impossible. You're a really unreasonable younger sister."

Her older brother takes a step forward. From my hiding spot, I could see his form more clearly.

It was the student council president.
So her name is Horikita Suzune huh.

There was no emotion in his
expression, as if he was looking at an existence that didn't interest him at all.
He grabbed his younger sister's wrist and pushed her against the wall.

"No matter how much I avoided you, you are still my younger sister. If people start to learn about you, it is me who will be disgraced. Leave this school immediately."

"N-no… tsu. I will, I will absolutely rise up to class A…!"

"Foolish, really. Do you want to relive the painful experiences of the past?"

"Nii-san—I will—"

"You have neither the power nor the qualifications to aim for class A. Understand that."

Horikita's body drew forward, as if he was about to take action. The situation looks dangerous.

I grabbed his right arm.