10

It was a lovely day in Ninjago, however, the ninja were kept inside the bounty, going over several pieces of information regarding the Serpentine. The ninja had recently recovered the skeletal remains of a Fangpyre from villagers several miles away. They gave it up to the ninja as to hopefully find answers as to defeating the Serpentine.

"Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangpyre a few miles away." Nya began the lesson with Anirei by her side. Since the young girl knew more about the Serpentine than most people, it was only fitting that she help educate the ninja on the Serpentine as well as Nya.

"If I've done my research right, then this skeleton predates back to the Golden Age, making it several hundreds of years old." Anirei added, "Although the venom secreted by the fangs of this Serpentine genetically mutates human cells to that of a reptile, there are a few ways to stop or even reverse the effects without an antivenom."

"If you're able to wildly increase your heartrate, hypothetically it could reverse the venom's effects. Resulting in... diminished..."

Nya began looking as if she was about to sneeze wildly and looked around the room. Cole was drawing a picture of him fighting, Kai looked completely bored unlike Zane who was currently taking notes. And Zane was happily taking notes on what the two were teaching them.

"Uh, is someone wearing perfume, because I am severely allergic to Perfume." Nya said as Jay gasped and turned towards the red Ninja.

"Kai, you said this was manly cologne." He whispered to Kai, who only smirked at Jay's reaction to the truth.

"Sorry, I always get them mixed up." Kai answered. Cole laughed and Zane turned off his humor switch.

Anirei sighed, "Perhaps we should end this lesson for now. It would be distracting if Nya had a allergic reaction to the perfume."

"Thank Ninjago that's all over." Cole said relieved, happy to be dismissed from the lesson, "Time to start stomping some Serpentine before they find any Fangblades."

The others followed out after him, including Anirei, although, Jay and Nya had stayed behind for a short while. The child went to her to room and sat on her bed, staring at the photo of her parents.

"Mother, Father. If only you could see these fine Ninja now. Truly, they are the protectors of which the stories have spoken of. But I fear that with the Serpentine unleashed and searching for the four Silver Fangblades, the balance could be shifted dramatically. How would have handled this?" She whispered to herself. All of a sudden, there was a sharp pain in her head that radiated through her skull. She dropped the picture frame on the floor and grasped her head in the sudden pain. 

It faded as quickly as it came, relief filling her body, but her mind's thoughts would not cease. Anirei sat there on her bed going over her many thoughts, until she decided to speak to those who knew more.

She took a piece of paper from her bag and placed on the bed before removing her necklace and placing it on the paper. She closed her eyes and calmed her body and heart as to communicate with those she grew close to. 

When Anirei opened her eyes again, she found herself in the same dark space, only this time, there were a few more lotus flowers floating around her feet.

"What brings you here, child?" 

"Is your appearance in this place because of the pain in your head?"

Anirei nodded and picked up one of the lotus flowers in her hand, "I believe it is almost time for another to unlock his true potential." She said, "But I do not know who shall unlock it as of yet."