56

The flight across the sky on the Ghost Elemental Dragon continued well through the night, giving Anirei no time to concentrate so she could go back to her Brothers. She got so worried about them, hoping that they weren't hurt or in any danger.

"You're worried about them, aren't you?" Morro said suddenly said, grabbing her attention.

"Of course I am. They are my brothers." Anirei answered immediately, knowing exactly who Morro was talking about. Morro chuckled darkly and landed the dragon on the ground next to a cherry blossom tree that grew on the top of the mountain. After the dragon disappeared, Anirei walked over to the tree and sat down against its truck.

"What's so great about those ninja of yours? You're more powerful than all of them combined, so why stick with them? They're only gonna hold you back." Morro asked.

"If it wasn't for my brothers, including Lloyd, Sensei Wu, Nya and all of my friends, I would have been dead many times over. I would've been a slave to the darkness and never be able to recover the light I had inside me. I owe everything to my family."

Morro listened to Anirei's words, feeling something stir inside of him. It was foreign to him, and for a moment he assumed it was Lloyd from deep inside. At least, he was half right. Lloyd was constantly fighting within his own body for regained control, but Morro, being more powerful than Lloyd always pushed him back. However, Morro thought that this strange feeling was... comforting, and allowed it to remain.

He looked up at Anirei, seeing that her eyes had closed, and when they opened again they were lifeless once more. Her spirit was gone, back to those she calls family. He smirked and knelt down in front of her, gently brushing a strand of hair that blew into her face.

"You really know how to pick 'em, don't you Green Ninja?" He asked himself directing the question to Lloyd, whom he knew could hear him clearly, "Well, once I'm the Green Ninja, you won't be seeing much of her anymore. I promise you that."

Morro moved over to sit next to Anirei, waiting for night fall to continue his plan of finding the First Spinjitzu Master's resting place.

~~~~~

Anirei slowly opened her eyes, hearing first the soft waves of the ocean before barely being able to breathe in the salty air. When her vision became clear, she saw her brothers walking on a rickety old walkway towards the port town of Stiix. 

She smiled as she floated towards them, "Elder Brothers!" She exclaimed, grabbing their attention. They all turned around and smiled upon seeing their younger sister floating towards them.

"Anirei!" They all shouted, running over to her to hug her tightly, but they all phased through her like she was never there in the first place. The four ninja turned back after running through her and nearly forgot that she was only a spirit.

"Almost forgot there for a second." Jay chuckled, "You're not really here. I mean you're here, just not... here...?"

Anirei chuckled at her brother trying to explain that she was a spirit without saying that she was a spirit. She floated closer to her brothers and smiled once more.

"It's fine, Elder Brother Jay. All of you are not used to me being a spirit just yet. It will take some time, but eventually you'll get used to it." She explained.

Everyone sighed, "Did you get any new information about Morro?" Cole asked.

"He's already visited the library, so he knows that the scroll of Airjitzu is gone. He'll be searching for it and eventually he will find out where it is. And also, he tends to like me in black."

"Wait, what?" Kai asked, "Why would he--"

"He gave me black clothes to wear, and he spoke much about my mother. It seems that my mother and father helped him more than just telling him where the Monastery was. They cared for him, fed him, then directed him to the monastery."