78

After finding the map, and finding that Kai had lost to the Djinn Nadakhan, Jay led the group to a large house a fair distance from the city. Anirei, although still upset with the fact that Kai was no longer fighting with them, couldn't shake the feeling that this didn't look as good as it seemed. Jay was hiding something, and it was a dangerous secret he was keeping. And she needed to know what that secret was.

"Ahem. Welcome to my humble abode." Jay said, inviting everyone inside of the luxurious house.

Everyone gasped at the beautiful house, Jay led them to another room, where there was even a large statue of Fritz Donnegan, one of the old comic book super heroes that Lloyd used to read when he was child. It even said his signature catchphrase.

"So how did you come across this place again?" Lloyd questioned.

"I... saved up." Jay lied, "Yeah, that's it. I saved up every little bit and now... ta-da, here's my secret hideout. Ha, ha. Of course it can be our secret hideout."

"First we lost Wu, then Misako." Anirei said.

"And now that we've lost Kai, I'm starting to see a pattern." Lloyd stated, "What about you guys, you see it too, right?"

"Whenever one of us finds ourselves alone, we disappear." Zane stated.

"Then we better stick together from here on out." Nya suggested, "We need to take a look at that lantern. Jay, hit the lights."

"Lights. Lights." Jay said searching for the light switch, but seemed to have difficulty finding the switch, until he finally found the switch, "Sorry, big house."

He pressed a few of the buttons on the wall, but it turned on the air conditioning, then the radio. Jay frantically pressed even more of the buttons, but Anirei sighed and snapped her fingers. Immediately, the screens shut across the windows, making the entire room turn dark. Zane lit the lantern and hung it over the coffee table in the middle of the room, showing the map they were searching for. 

"Wow." Nya gasped, "So this is supposed to point the way to the only thing that can stop Nadakhan?"

"Not stop, slow." Lloyd reminded.

"That's right. The Tiger Willow venom will only slow Nadakhan down long enough to seal him away the same way that my father once did." Anirei said, "However, we can't let even a single drop get on us. One drop could kill any of us."

"So, let's figure out a plan." Lloyd said. As they were talking, Cole walked over to Jay, and quickly following behind him was Anirei.

"You save for this place? Baloney." He whispered to Jay, "Whenever money comes your way you waste it on junk food and video games. What's really up? And don't think you can lie to me. I know you too well."

"Elder Brother Jay, what did you do to get this place?" Anirei asked.

Jay sighed, knowing that he was figured out, "Fine. I made a wish with Nadakhan."

"You did what?" Anirei growled, "The one thing I warned you not to do, you did?"

"You've seen Nadakhan and haven't told us?" Cole said shocked.

"Shh." Jay shushed the two, "He came when I was alone. I wished to be rich and impress Nya, and instead I got a letter telling me I've inherited my dad's estate, only it turns out I'm adopted and my birth dad is Cliff Gordon."

"Who?"

"Cliff Gordon is the one who played Fritz Donnegon." Anirei answered, "Of all the times for this to be revealed..." She whispered, but is seemed that Jay heard some of what she said.