43

It was later at midnight, all of the Ninja now gathered in Kai's room so they could formulate a plan to find Anirei and Zane.

"Whoa-ho-ho-ho. Nice digs." Jay chuckled as he looked around Kai's room after nearly falling off of the balcony earlier. Kai was love struck and just had to leave Jay hanging off the edge of balcony to talk to girl next door, Skylar.

"I know. His room is so much nicer than mine." Cole complained, then turned to the sweets that were sitting on the table, "Look, chocolate covered shell peas. I love these." Cole didn't hesitate to stuff his face full of the sweets. He then grabbed the bowl and jumped onto the bed.

"Oh, and look how soft your pillows are. Man, mine are made of rock. What a crock."

"Okay, it was almost impossible to get here." Jay said, "This place is swarming with guards. Any ideas on how we search the island?"

"We travel by shadow." Kai suggested, "Cover every square inch of this place until we find Zane and Anirei."

All of a sudden, as the others were talking, something clicked under the bed and the entire bed, with Cole still on it, flipped over to reveal a large tunnel underneath it.

"The island's big. We'll need to split up." Jay said.

"No, we stick together." Lloyd said just as Cole reemerged from the flipped over bed.

"Uh, guys? This bed is, uh..." He said.

"Cole, I get it! You like my bed. Will you stop playing around?" Kai shouted at his friend.

"No, I think Reanii was right about the rooms being strange. I think I know how we can search the island." Cole said, "Everyone on the bed."

The others, confused by the strange request, hesitantly laid on the bed with Cole.

"Okay, I feel ridiculous." Lloyd said.

"Ahh. You're right. The pillows are soft." Jay commented on the pillows.

"Is this a joke?"

"I must've done something to trigger it." Cole said, "I was laying here, then I stretched..."

Just as Cole stretched, the back of the pillows hit a button on the wall, the Ninja yelled and gasped when the bed flipped over again. They hung over the deep dark secret pit by the mattress of the bed.

"Whoa! Secret passageway! Cool." Jay exclaimed as they let go of the bed and dropped into the secret passageway.

"Nice work, Cole." Kai praised lighting up his hand with fire, "Maybe Zane and Anirei aren't on the island, but in it."

Lloyd's eyes widened when he remembered what Anirei said to him in his dream.

"Yeah, when I talked to Anirei in my dream, she said that she was somewhere dark and cold. She must be somewhere in these tunnels." Lloyd said.

Just then, they heard loud grunting coming from the tunnel.

"Quiet." Lloyd said, "Do you hear that?"

Everyone looked around and spotted light coming from a hole in the roof of the tunnel.

"Oh, secret peep holes. Ha, ha!" Jay laughed, "Super cool!"

He climbed up towards the peep hole, "Sounds like someone's fighting on the other side of this wall."

"What do you see? Who's fighting?" Cole asked.

"It's not a fight.It's Skyler's room. And it looks like she's training."

"Let me see! Let me see!" Kai immediately put out his fire and rushed up to the peep hole while Cole and Lloyd smirked.

"Oh, looks like Kai's got the hots for her." Cole teased.