41

~~~~Quick warning before we start the chapter. Because Anirei can control both light and darkness, and there is a master of light in the actual show, I'm gonna be removing him from the story. With the Master of Shadow, Shade, I'm gonna keep him for balancing reasons in the Tournament. And just so you know for clarification, Anirei is able to control everything within the darkness, that includes shadows, while Shade is only able to transform himself into a shadow and create shadows. Shadows are just a sub element to darkness. She reigns superior. Thank you~~~~

The Ninja stared at the paper Lloyd was holding, confused and in shock at the fact that it said that Anirei and Zane were alive.

"What do you mean it says "they're alive"?" Jay questioned, thinking that it was too good to be true.

"Hey, I'm just telling you what it says." Lloyd shot back.

"Why would those thugs lead us here?" Kai wondered.

"You know, this has to be some cruel joke. And I'm not laughing." Cole said angrily.

Lloyd looked back at the little table and saw a red dish filled with fortune cookies, enough for each of them.

"Look." He said, gesturing to the fortune cookies, "I think this was meant for us, too."

"Fortune cookies?" Jay questioned, picking up one of the cookies, "Very peculiar."

"Should we?" Lloyd asked, but before anyone else could say anything, Cole took one of the cookies and gulped it down.

"Uh, you do realize there's a fortune inside, right?" Kai asked.

"Oh, so that's why they're called that." Cole said.

Everyone opened up their cookie and saw a little piece of paper inside with a connected message.

"Listen to this." Lloyd said gaining everyone's attention, "Master Chen has personally invited you to participate in his Tournament of Elements."

"Wait a minute." Cole shouted, "Are yous saying that Mr. Chen, the same guy filling my belly with delicious goodness, is actually Master Chen?"

"Secrecy is of the utmost importance." Kai read off his paper, "Tell no one, or suffer the consequences."

"If you ever want to see your friends again, meet on the pier at midnight and leave your weapons behind." Jay said. Just as he finished reading his paper, each one of the fortunes poofed into smoke. Cole jumped up in shock as his paper, which he swallowed with the fortune cookie, exploded in his belly.

"Uhh. At least I know I was invited." He joked, burping out the smoke as everyone laughed, but then they got serious again.

"You don't think...?"

"It could be a trap." Kai finished Lloyd's sentence, "A lie to lure us in."

"Yeah, but what if it's not?" Jay asked, "Lloyd had some kind of weird dream about Anirei telling him that she's alive. And now Master Chen sends us a message that she and Zane are alive? That can't be a coincidence."

Lloyd down at the poster and then down at the blue stone around his neck, his hope for Anirei being found alive rising with every moment.

"The Tournament of Elements." He said, "I'm starting to think this Master Chen makes more than noodles."

"You can forget about bringing in a new Ninja, Lloyd. Let's go see about an old one." Kai said, and everyone agreed to leave later that evening.

~~~~~

As Lloyd zipped up his bag filled with clothes and other travel necessities, he looked around to see if he was missing anything. He was about to grab a weapon just in case, when he remembered what the note had said. No weapons in the Tournament of Elements.