62

After making it through the Blind Man's Eye through another entrance, Anirei had made it into the other realm, Cloud Kingdom, along with Morro and his henchmen. They stood in front of the Master Writer, a man named Fenwick, at the entrance to one of the many temples. Immediately Anirei could sense darkness nearby, a sense of betrayal that she knew all to well from her past adventures defended Ninjago from darkness.

"Morro, I am glad to see that you have made it safely." Fenwick said, then turned to Anirei, "Silver Lotus, it is with great pleasure that I get to see you in the flesh. I never thought that the day would come when I would set my eyes upon you."

"Master Writer! Master Writer!" A young boy shouted as he ran up to Fenwick with a scroll, "It's the Ninja! They're in terrible trouble!"

"Of course they are." Fenwick said as the boy gasped in shock upon seeing Morro and his gang. Anirei glared at Fenwick and stomped up to him.

"What have you done to my brothers!?" She shouted, "If you so much as hurt one stitch on their gi, so help me I will--" Anirei was quickly silenced when Morro slapped his hand over her mouth.

"I do apologize for my little flower here. She has been through a lot these past few hours." Morro chuckled darkly.

"Of course, I understand." Fenwick said, "Do not be shy, our new guests and I have made a mutual arrangement. My destiny is secure. I am afraid the Ninja's are not."

"Where did you send the Ninja?" The boy asked.

"I locked them away with Nimbus. I'm sure Nimbus will love his new playthings."

"Now show me to the Sword of Sanctuary." Morro said.

"As you wish." Fenwick said, "And the girl? I'm sure we can find a suitable place for her to stay as well. She is very precious to all the realms, you know."

Morro grinned and looked down at the girl in his hold. He knew that she was very special to Ninjago, but maybe if he could get more information about what Fenwick meant, he could find a better use for the silver haired Ninja.

"No, she'll stay with me for a while longer." Morro said.

Anirei felt fear rip through her heart, and without a second to lose, she detached her spirit from her body and thought only of the Ninja. When she opened her eyes again, all she could see were the sharpened teeth of a large monster and heard the screams of her brothers behind her.

She floated out of the way from the creature and down to her brothers.

"Elder Brothers, what happened?" She asked.

"Anirei? Is that you?" Kai asked but shook off his shock, "Well, this is gonna sound weird but this is the Master Writer and Jay tried to break his record in a game, so now he's trying to kill us."

"There goes our good first impression." Cole said.

"Is this the Master Writer? He's in charge of our destiny?" Zane asked as Kai pulled him away from being ripped apart by the creature's claws.

"Whoever he is, I don't think he's handing over the sword." Kai answered.

"Elder Brothers, he's not the Master Writer." Anirei shouted, "It's a man named Fenwick. This creature is named Nimbus, and he's a beast who likes to play with his prey. While he's playing with you, Fenwick is taking Morro to the real Sword of Sanctuary."

"What?!" Jay shouted, "Fenwick was a traitor?!" Jay ran to the door only to find that it was locked. Nimbus grabbed Jay and somehow electrocuted him before throwing the Blue Ninja to the ground.

"Okay, so now I know how that feels." Jay said as he crackled with leftover electricity.

Nimbus roared and chased the Ninja around the room. Kai jumped away and hide behind one of the massive teddy bears in the corner.