75

A few hours after being placed in prison, the Ninja were welcomed by a familiar face during visiting hours. The seven ninja sat in the small cubby while they waited for Darreth to come and see them. Eventually, he did come and sat on the other side of the glass and picked up the phone to talk to them.

"What are you doing to get us out of here?" Cole screamed through the phone.

"This is no place for a nindroid." Zane added.

"They're all so mean." Jay said, "Help us. You have to help us." Lloyd quickly shushed everyone.

"While we're stuck in here, the Djinn is out there." Lloyd explained.

"I know, I'm doing everything I can." Darreth said with a frown, "Borg wanted to me to let you know that the Djinn broke into Hiroshi's Labyrinth stronghold and took the Realm Crystal. The good thing is, everything else is accounted for. The bad news is, the Djinn may now have his old crew back."

"You have to get us out of here, Darreth." Kai exclaimed, "You're our manager. What are you doing to manage this?"

"Did you get the cake?" Darreth whispered into the phone, "I baked some tools in it for you to cut through the bars."

Anirei sighed, "Darreth, you're out friend and we respect you, to an extent, but you have watched far too many crime movies."

"Cake?" Jay shouted, "We didn't get a cake." He then glared at Cole with the others.

"Uh, how was I supposed to know there was something in it?" Cole retorted, "I just thought it was crunchy."

"You ate our only way out?!" Jay shouted.

"Elder Brother Jay, that's enough. Calm down, panicking like this won't get us out of prison." Anirei said.

"Well, sounds like you're on your own." Darreth said, "Be strong, little ninja."

"What do you mean we're on our own?" Cole asked and Darreth left without another word. The ninja all shouted at him, but he didn't listen and got out of there as fast as he could, leaving the Ninja to their fate in the prison.

~~~~~

In the afternoon, the ninja walked down the line for lunch, or what could be considered slop. The only thing that the group could see as a normal food was the brown muffin they were served.

"A little extra since you're my favorite." The lunch lady said as she poured more of the slop onto Kai's plate.

"You said you wanted special treatment." Nya said to her brother as she was served.

"So the bad guys are out there, while the good guys are in here. Not fair." Jay said as they searched for a place to sit.

"What was it your favorite movie character would say?" Cole said, ""Fair isn't a word where I come from"." 

"The word was fear." Jay corrected, "And if intergalactic space hero Fritz Donnegan was here, we'd already be out."

Cole took the muffin and tried to take a bite, but all it did was barely chip his tooth, "Is this a muffin or a fossilized rock?" He wondered aloud. Just then, one of the other prisoners snatched the muffin from Cole.

"Earth Ninja, no one likes you." He said then spat in Cole's face, "What's Earth anyway?"

"He's a Jay fan." The lunch lady said from nearby.

"Hey guys, care for some Ninja company?" Lloyd asked the other inmates, but they growled and moved away from the ninja.

"I guess they're not all fans of the ninja, are they?" Anirei commented as they took a seat.