23

Anirei lay still on her bed, the moon's light shining over her like a blanket of pure white through her window. But even with this serenity surrounding her, she could not sleep, for the pain thumping in her chest kept her awake.

"I apologize, child, but this process is taking far longer than before."

"Balancing you has become increasingly difficult since the time travel incident. Meeting the Ninja in the past has caused severe imbalance within you."

"Perhaps you should have stayed away from the Ninja back then."

"Please, do not remind me of my decision. I made the decision knowing full well of the consequences that could be brought to this time. It was the best way to help the Ninja restore the timeline, and I do not regret the decision I had made."

Anirei lay in bed until the sun rose a few hours later, the pain now dulled and bearable just as the alarm clock she had went off.

"I will never regret any decision I make for my friends. After all, it is my duty as the Silver Ninja to protect those who will help retain the balance. Now, it is time sunrise exercise." Anirei got up and dressed herself in her gi. But as she got dressed, she noticed the markings on her back and shoulders.

"They're spreading even faster, and they have begun to change color as well." She thought to herself, "At least the streak has vanished."

"It is coming closer. The final battle..."

"And the time for you to make a decision, little one. It is taking over at an alarming rate."

"Yes, but I have yet to make my decision. And I will not make it until I am sure that I will not regret it. Now, I have to go. Please, keep my spirit balanced for the time being."

The voices said nothing more as Anirei left her room seeing Sensei Wu walking towards the Ninja's room.

"Oh, Anirei, I am glad to see you doing much better than before. Are you well?" He asked concerned.

"I am well enough to train this morning, Sensei." She replied with a smile, "Are you going to get the boys?"

"Yes, it is Wednesday after all. Will you be joining us for sunrise exercise?" Anirei nodded and followed Sensei Wu to the boy's room, bursting through the door with a bright smile on their faces.

"Ah. Good morning, morning, morning! Up, up. It's a new day, students." Sensei Wu said, reaching to pull up the blinds, "Before we begin sunrise exercise, I noticed that the Ultra-Dragon made another mess outside. It looks like a two-person job." 

Then, he was out the door.

"Ah, what was that, Sensei?"

"Did I just hear an SOS call come in?"

"I sense I have to be elsewhere." 

The Ninja all said, making up excuses to get out of clean up duty.

"Lloyd, I'm sure you got this. Heh." Jay chuckled as the rest of the Ninja rushed to the door.

"That is very unfair of all of you, Elder Brothers." Anirei stated.

"Yeah, Rei's right. You might've been able to dump chores on me when I was smaller, but I'm grown up now. That's not fair!"

The Ninja stopped with regretful expressions on their faces.

"Ah. You two are right." Kai said, "We need to settle this like men.... and women... With a round of Rock, Paper, Clamp!"

Everyone put their hands in a clamp shape in a circle.