17

It was the dead of night, but the streets were as restless as a young girl's mind. Anirei slept peacefully for a moment, before she was thrown from her peace into utter chaos.

She opened her eyes, seeing only darkness surrounding her. Both blistering heat and paralyzing cold filled her entire body, making her feel even worse than before she fell to sleep. It was so painful, that Anirei couldn't help but fall to her knees, wrapping her arms around herself in an effort to keep the pain away.

"Hello?!" She shouted, "Is anybody out there?! Please, someone please help me!"

But her screams for help were not heard by anyone in this darkness. She was all alone. The thing she feared most of all in this life. 

All of a sudden, Anirei could feel something on her shoulder. She turned around, hoping that it was someone who could help her escape this darkness, but what the girl saw was just as terrifying as the darkness.

It was a shadow.... a shadow with dark red eyes and a horrifying smile. Its mouth looked as if it was split its skull in half. Its hand grabbed Anirei by the throat, lifting her up from the dark ground and slowly squeezing. Anirei clawed at the shadowed hand, but it was of no use. It was too strong for her to get away.

I̸͕̪͓̽̀̾t̴͚͙́̓͊'̵̫̝͖͊̚͝ș̸͑̕͜ c̸̟̘̻͌̈́̿o̴̫̫͋́̽m̴̢͕̦͐̾͝i̴̟͎̼̾͒̕n̴͓͖̫̒̐̓g̴̡̙̠͌͆̀ s̵̙̠͚̔̚o̴̙̘̿͝o̸͍̘͑͒̀ń̵̫̫́͒͜,̴̙͔͖̿͛͌ l̸̡͙͇̽͆͆i̸̦̝͇͐̾͋t̸̘̠͇͆̐ț̵̺͔̐̈́́l̴̘̼̾͝͝e̵̟͖͚̒̔͆ L̴͔͕͍̔̈́͠o̴̪͍̟͊͠t̴͍̟̻͋͋̾u̵͇͍̘̓̕s̴͇͇͛̓̕

The voice of this shadow was rough and ragged, almost as if it was thirsty but could never get a get a single drink.

"No... it's not time yet." Anirei gasped out, "I have time...."

"̵̘̞̙͛͑̿N̴͓̺͒̚͜͠o̸̻̘̪̓͐͘,̸̫̙̒̾͘ l̴͇͎̼̐̒̽i̴͎͙͚̽̔̓t̸̟͕́̀͘t̵̢͕̘̓̒͋l̸̝̺̝͑͑̕e̴̢̻̞̓͌͠ l̵͓͍͙͋͑͑o̴̦̙͌́͜͝t̸̺͍̓̚u̴͍͎͎͊͒̚s̵͇̟̘̐̔.̵̪͎̟̽̿̓.̴̦̻͑̽̒͜.̴̞̦̻̾͆͘.̵̻̙̞̈́̽̈́.̴̡̻̻̔̾͝ I̴͉͎͊͝t̸͙̝̦̐̀͝ ì̴͔̪̽̈́s̵̙̦͇̿̐͝ c̵̼̠̻̽̾͝o̴̢͆͋͜͝m̸̘͉͌̔̒͜i̴͔͇͎̾̒͐n̴͉̘͔̽̿̽g̵̡̞͎̾͌̚ s̴͉̘͒̔͘͜o̸̦͎͉̽̔͘o̸̢͇͐̓͒n̴͉͎̐͛̈́͜.̵͙̞͊̒͜͠.̵̙̻̦̿̀̕.̵͖̞͔̚͠ Ÿ̵̝̞́͋̔͜ö̴̻̞͍́͊̾u̴̢̢̝̽͑̈́ c̸͇͙͓͆͒̓a̸̡̪͙̒͌̒n̴͙͎̟͆̓ f̵̙͉͙̓̓̐e̸͇̪̿̔͋e̵̪̘̻̿̽͠l̴͚͉̫̔̈́̒ i̴̻͚̞͛͋͐t̵̝̻͙̐̀͠ c̵̢̡̙̐͊͐a̴̡̞̙̐͛̾n̴̦͔̟͌̿͘ y̴͍̦̽́̔o̸̢͚͔̽̔̕u̵̼̝͉͒̀̚ n̴͔͉͋̓̓ö̵͇̦́̒̔t̴͚̺̪̾̚͝?̵̝͍͓̿̔͠"̵͇̞̫̓͋̕

Anirei that this shadow was speaking the truth. Even Lloyd saw what was happening. But she had time, right? She had time...

Just then, the shadow dropped Anirei, and as the girl gasped for breath she looked up and saw something else holding the shadow back.

It was a white figure, shining so brightly that Anirei couldn't see their face. It held back the shadow, pulling it away from Anirei.

Y̷o̷u̷ w̷i̷l̷l̷ n̷o̷t̷ c̷o̷r̷r̷u̷p̷t̷ h̷e̷r̷ l̷i̷g̷h̷t̷  The being of light said.

But the shadow laughed as it tried to get Anirei back in its grasp.

S̸̫͍̠̒̈́̀h̴͇̻͓͆͛͝ë̴͓̞̟́͆̔ w̸̢̟͚͋̓͑i̵͙̠͔͌͑͠l̴̟̓̈́͜͝l̴͚͔̦̓͝͠ h̸̡͖͚̿͝͝a̸̻̺̪͝͝͝v̴͓̘̀̾͒e̴̙̺̫͛̓͘ t̴̫͚̦̀͊̕o̴̟̘͓͒͌͠ c̸̡̪͌̈́͐͜h̸̢͖͉̓͆͊o̴̘͔̞̾͠o̵̡̻̘͑̈́͆s̴̝͎͕̓͑̈́e̸͚̼͉̐͐͒.̸̞̫͚͌̐͝.̸̘̦̿̒̐.̴̢̪͓̾͊͊.̵̼͇͍̐͐̚ a̸̞͖̪͊͛̔n̵̘͕̝͑̀͆d̵͇̦̙͆͌͝ s̸̝̫͔̔͒̈́o̴̝̦̪̐͆̾o̸̦͇͍͆́͝n̴̡̙͕͒̔.̵͎̫͍̓̽͊.̵̢͕͇͑̽͝.̸̡͖̘́̽ s̴̻̠͔̾̽͠h̵̝̼̒͌e̸̡̠̺̐͝ w̴̙͚̝̓͑̚i̸̡͇͇͝͝͠l̵͚̟͆̈́̐l̸͉͓͎͑̔̐ c̸̦͉͖̈́̈́̕h̴̢͖̫͌̽͌o̴͚̪͊̀͊͜s̵̡͇̫̓͊͘e̸͙̦̪͊͠ m̸̼͎̐̽͜͝é̸̻̝͓̈́!̵̟͎̝̈́̚̚