55

Morro flew down from the sky on his dragon, a small road stop glowing and buzzing with life in front of him. After the dragon disappeared, he stood on the road with Anirei's body by his side, her eyes dulled from her spirit being missing from her body.

"Honestly, Rei, I like you in silver, but I think black would suit you much better." Morro said brushing out a small bit of her face from her face, "It would bring out those eyes a lot more. I'm sure this place will get us just what we need."

Morro took Anirei by the hand and stepped inside, everyone looking over to the door to see who walked in. He walked over to the counter.

"Thirsty?" The barkeep asked.

"Insatiable." Morro answered.

"And for the lady?"

"Something sweet, like her." 

The man gave the two a couple of glasses, Morro taking down the drink with ease while Anirei's body simply went through the motions. A body without a spirit always just goes through instinctive motions, such as eating and drinking when it is presented.

"Ah, it's been a while." Morro sighed in relief. He then walked over to one of the pool tables, throwing down some of the chalk and rolling Sensei Wu's staff in it to reveal the secret message left behind. Unfortunately, it interrupted the pool game already being played.

"Oh, of course." Morro smiled.

"You two are a bit young for a place like this, ain't you?" A man asked the two.

"Wrong place to come if you ain't got friends, if you know what I mean."

Several of the men in the room gathered around Morro and Anirei.

"Oh, I have friends." Morro said, the armor he was wearing beginning to glow and the wind whistling throughout the room. It happened in only a few seconds. An eerie green glow filled the stop and all you could hear were men groaning. By the time it was all over, Morro and Anirei walked out of the road stop with a ghost added to the group. Morro even had a small set of clothes he stole from a couple of the thugs inside for Anirei.

"Ah, you know where you're going?" The ghost asked.

"Heh-heh-heh, I do now." Morro said pulling back up his hood, "But make sure no one else tries to stop me."

"Hmm. It'd be my pleasure."

Morro turned and summoned his dragon, helping Anirei up onto the saddle.

"Nice ride."

"Take one of your own."

The two then flew off into the night, not stopping for a moment in case they lost the trail towards the tomb. As they flew, Morro handed Anirei the new set of clothes.

"When we land you can change. I think the thug look would be much cuter on you, don't you agree?" Morro asked with a chuckle, but Anirei's body said not a word.

"Ha... I can't wait until your spirit returns, Rei. I really want to hear that pretty voice of yours."

~~~~

Anirei couldn't sleep, partly because spirits don't sleep, but also because she could feel everything that was happening to her body. She felt a cold sensation run down her throat some time in the late evening, and she had even tasted something sweet. At least she knew that Morro was taking care of her body for the time being. But she didn't know how long he would take care of it.

When morning came, Misako had come and made the group breakfast, Kai however was still asleep suffering from a nightmare that Anirei didn't really want to know about. She already figured it was about Lloyd.