37

After allowing Lloyd and Anirei to rest for a while from their sudden power drain, the team gathered together to talk about the next stage of the plan. They traveled to the Temple of Light hoping to find a way for Lloyd and Anirei to get more power. Strong enough to defeat the Overlord once and for all. However, Anirei was still recalling the nightmare she had for the past several nights. The one where Zane was telling her goodbye and she was following him into a frozen tundra. And where was begging her not to leave him behind.

"I can't do this alone anymore." Lloyd said snapping Anirei from her depressing thoughts, "As long as I have all this power, they'll never stop coming for me."

Anirei placed her hand on his shoulder, making the boy in green turn to face her, "Are you sure you are ready to do this, Lloyd?" She asked.

Lloyd placed his hand over hers and nodded, "I'm sure. I don't want to be running for the rest of my life. If I'm gonna fight, it's gonna be with my family."

Anirei smiled at his decision and took her hand back, standing by her best friend's side as they waited.

"We are never going to let ourselves be separated again." Zane stated.

"He's right." Jay agreed.

"Absolutely." Cole added.

"Let's do this." Kai said taking a stance.

Lloyd summoned his power and shot it at the bell above his head. Suddenly, the green light split into six different colors and went to their respective Ninja, the excess power from Lloyd being absorbed into their bodies and spirits. 

The ninja looked at their power, demonstrating it as they played with their elements just a little bit. Anirei chuckled as she held out her hands, summoning a black cloud and a white gust of wind. It seemed that Lloyd even gave her a little power boost from his Golden power. Lloyd smiled seeing more color in her cheeks return. His cheeks burst red when Anirei smiled at him, thanking him for the extra power.

"The elemental power, it's inside us." Zane said smiling.

"Fire!" Kai shouted.

"Ha-ha! Anyone shocked to see me do this? Huh?" Jay joked making shapes with his lightning.

"No dirt off my shoulders."

"Chill out."

Meanwhile outside the temple doors, Sensei Wu and Garmadon watched as they played around, but Garmadon was not pleased with this decision.

"Foolishness." Garmadon said displeased, "This decision puts everyone in jeopardy."

"But it was your son's decision to make." Sensei Wu stated.

"The young take too many risks. They should listen to their fathers."

"Without risks, they'll never know how far they'll truly go. Have faith, brother. We will catch Pythor and find Borg. Anirei has given me great hope through her dreams that we will obtain victory in this battle. Perhaps that will help you rest easier."

Garmadon's attention peaked at the mention of Anirei, "And is she..."

Sensei Wu sighed and shook his head, "Anirei will not tell me about her nightmares. She only states that at the end of this battle, we will be victorious and the Overlord will be defeated once and for all. However, I worry about her, brother. Her nightmares have grown worse. She hides it well, but Anirei can hardly sleep peacefully through the night."

Garmadon sighed, remembering her panicked gasps for breath in the middle of the night. She would never speak about her dreams, but they knew that what Anirei was seeing was too terrifying for her to speak about, so they left her alone with her dreams. But it still haunted them in the back of their minds. Just was Anirei seeing that terrified her so much?