84

After escaping Nadakhan, Jay, Nya and Anirei went back to the Ninjago City with the police. They were safely hidden in the police station for the time being, but it didn't take long for the Djinn to find out where they were hiding.

Jay and Nya stood in front of a map of Ninjago, searching for a place much better than Ninjago City to hide in until they could find a way to defeat Nadakhan for good. Meanwhile, Anirei was combing through the journal that she had wished for, a journal written by her parents that contained some secrets about the Djinn named Nadakhan.

Just then, she was torn away from her journal to the police chief bursting into the room, worried and frantic.

"We can't defend you any longer." He said, "Did you find a safe house?"

"Yeah, it's--"

"No, no, no, don't tell me." The chief cut Jay off before he could say, "No one can know but you."

The police chief then went to a spot in the floor and opened up a secret escape hatch, leading underground so the three could escape safely and without being seen.

"Listen, Jay, if Nadakhan finds and marries Nya, he'll have infinite wishes. "Protect her."

"I promise to, with my life." Jay bravely said.

"I appreciate the macho sentiment, but may I remind you that I can look after my..." Before Nya could finish her sentence, several policemen were thrown down the hall by the invading pirates.

"There isn't any time. Go, Ninja. Go."

Anirei shut her book, slipped it into her gi and grabbed her elder siblings' hands, "We have to go."

The three jumped down into the secret tunnel and rushed in their escape. Just as the hatch closed, the police chief rushed to the map they were using and stuffed into his mouth, swallowing it right when Nadakhan came in with his crew.

"And what by chance are you doing here?" Nadakhan asked.

"You're too late, Nadakhan." The chief burped loudly, "Oh, that was a big map."

"Hey, look." Flintlocke gestured and pulled up the secret hatch, "They got away, Captain."

"You'll never find them." The chief stated.

"Oh, I have my ways. Take him prisoner! Take them all! And find me that girl and the child of silver!"

The police chief whimpered at the thought that perhaps those two girls would be captured. And if Nadakhan did somehow take them both, then the world as they knew it would be torn apart by his infinite wishes.

~~~~~

After finding a way out of the tunnels, the three ninja found their way to a small port free from Nadakhan's eyes. They took a small rowboat and sailed off into the sea. Jay took the helm, rowing for as long as they had been out to sea, and from the look of annoyance on Nya's face, she seemed to think that maybe it was time for him to take a break.

"Please let me take a turn." She said as Jay huffed and puffed from his exhaustion, "If this is a way of traveling with a low profile, the least I can do is help row."

"No, no. I won't hear of it." Jay said, "You saved me last time. This time, let me take care of you. Besides, a gentleman would never let a lady row. Oh, look. We're almost there."

The three turned and saw the old prison where Zane's creator/father, Dr. Julien, was once held captive. The perfect place to hide out from the enemy even for a short while.

"The lighthouse where Zane's father was held prisoner. Haven't been here for a while." Nya gasped upon seeing the old building.

"It has been quite some time." Anirei said looking up from her journal, "This is a great hiding spot. No matter how many times they search Ninjago, they wouldn't think to search all the way out here in the ocean."