63

Anirei was once again within Lloyd's mindscape, a place where the two could talk in peace without Morro being able to hear. It was the only time they could have peace, however, it was slightly awkward now after their last encounter with each other. Anirei couldn't stop thinking about the day that she and the others took the Sword of Sanctuary, when Lloyd kissed her on the forehead. It was so shocking that she even broke out of her concentration.

Lloyd didn't bring it up, so neither did she. How could she just bring that kind of event up in casual conversation? It was far too embarrassing for her to just bring up.

"So have you guys figured out the last clue to the First Spinjitzu Master's Tomb location?" Lloyd asked.

Anirei sadly shook her head, "Not yet. Sensei Wu and your mother are trying their best, but there's no other clues to help decipher the location. It's becoming frustrating day by day."

"I'm sure that you'll be able to get it." Lloyd smiled, "So, what about the others? Are they okay? What about Cole, how's he holding up as a ghost?"

"So far, he's content for the time being. It will be hard for him to be around Nya, now that she's training to become the Water Ninja, but other than that, I think he'll be just fine."

Lloyd and Anirei laughed, thinking about how Cole would be avoiding Nya until he could get his body back. All of a sudden, Lloyd groaned and swayed where he sat.

"Lloyd?" Anirei called to him, "Is it Morro?"

He nodded, "It is. I've been fighting as hard as I can, but he's still trying to take complete control."

Anirei did the only thing she could think of to help him. She pulled him closer to her and lay his head on her lap. Lloyd was surprised by the sudden gesture, but he didn't pull away for a couple of reasons. One, for a reason he couldn't quite explain, it calmed him down. It made him stronger and the pain from Morro fighting within his body quickly faded. The second reason, was that he enjoyed it far too much to leave his position.

They stayed like that for some time, the minutes feeling like hours to the both of them. But then, Anirei heard something in the back of her mind, like a loud warning bell that she couldn't ignore.

"Lloyd..."

"I know." Lloyd said, his eyes closed so he didn't have to see her sad expression, "You have to go. I understand."

"I could stay a little while longer."

Lloyd shook his head in her lap, "What if the others need your help? It's better to leave me and find nothing wrong, than to stay here and not be there if something was happening."

Anirei sighed, knowing that he was right, "I see that you've obtained some new wisdom as you've been trapped within yourself. You win then. I'll be back again soon."

"That is if you don't save me from Morro first." 

They both chuckled and Anirei began to fade away from Lloyd's mindscape. Lloyd sat up and looked down at his hands, hoping that he would be able to hold hers when he escaped Morro's control.

~~~~~

Anirei's eyes shot open when she heard shouting coming from the outside of the tea shop. She raced outside to see what was the matter, but all she saw was a man handing Kai a sealed paper.

"No, you're the one going out of business." Jay shouted at the man as Kai read the letter, "Who sends letters anymore?"

"Elder Brothers, what's the matter?" Anirei asked walking up to the Ninja.

"We just got a letter saying that we'll be shut down unless we drum up some business." Kai explained.

"Well, don't tell Ronin." Cole said, "If this place is worthless, he won't stick around. And we need all the help we can get. Now come on, we need more water balloons."