16

It had been a few days since Ninjago City was attacked by the Great Devourer, and the people of the city were working hard to restore and rebuild. Even the ninja were working hard in order to help fix up the city.

"Finally." Cole said as he, Zane and Jay fixed up a pole sign, "All fixed up and Serpentine free."

However, Kai was struggling to use his powers, only creating small sparks from his hands. Now that the golden weapons were gone, the ninja's powers were now much weaker than before. They could still use their physical strengths and are limited on their elemental powers, but they are still able to do so with much effort.

"Aw, this is frustrating." Kai groaned, "Our weapons are gone, and most of our elemental powers are gone. I mean, we can still do spinjitzu, but... Argh! I just feel so, I don't know, limited. And thanks to the Devourer, our tank's out of commission, our Dragon's hurt, and now that the Bounty's destroyed, we don't even have a place to sleep."

"No one ever said, being a her is easy." Zane said after he was done welding the sign together with his blowtorch, "Though our good deeds may never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways."

"Yeah, well, I don't feel rich." Kai grumbled.

"Unh. I for one enjoy pitching in." Jay said while he threw away some old junk on the sidewalk, "I've always wanted to feel part of a community. Speaking of which, anyone seen Nya and Anirei? They said they were gonna help out."

"And I have." As if on cue, Nya showed up on her bike with Sensei Wu in the sidecar. Meanwhile, riding next to Nya was Anirei, riding more in style on her dragon. In the past few days, the ninja learned that Anirei's dragon, Nazira, was able to grow and shrink at will, from the size of a housecat to the size of their dragon.

From everything they know about Anirei, it was best not to ask questions and just go with the flow for now.

"We may have found us a place to live." Anirei added, jumping off her dragon and running over to the ninja, the dragon shrinking and settling herself on Anirei's shoulders.

"Really?" Jay questioned, "But there's a waiting list a mile long to live in Ninjago City. How did you do that?"

"I know a guy who knows a girl, and she knows this girl who knows a guy." Nya said cryptically, "Well, this guys knows a girl who's a real estate agent, and she can help you find a place, if you catch my drift."

Nya handed Jay a flyer with contact information for the real estate agent.

"And where are you off to?" He asked Nya.

"We have to find a couple of components to fix the Ninja Tank, and my Dragon Ointment has finally arrived." Sensei Wu said, "It's a day's trip, but once we get back, he'll be flying once again. Also, I love scenic drives. Ha, ha. Punch it, Nya."

"Aye, aye, Sensei." Nya complied and they drove off to get their things.

"Patty Keys, Real Estate Queen." Jay read off the paper, "Ha, this is exactly what we need. Once we get a roof over our head, we can start properly training Lloyd and even get Anirei training."

Nazira growled in agitation, "How dare these mortals underestimate you, Young Lotus? have they now eyes to see your potential and strength?"

Anirei chuckled and pat Nazira on the head, "Be calm, Nazira. They don't know everything yet."

The dragon settled down and crawled into Anirei's arms to be held by her. After everyone had gathered, found Lloyd and tracked down Patty Key, she began showing the group small places that were in their price range.