39

The Ninja fought off the bugs, trying to preserve whatever was left of the ship and to keep them from eating away their spacesuits.

"Argh! These bugs just keep coming, but we are going nowhere!" Kai shouted shooting fire at the bugs.

"Nya, there's no way we're getting off this planet." Jay said, "Any last words, my darling?"

"How about "It was always you, Cole.I won't be able to carry on without you"." Cole added.

"Now is not the time for that!" Nya shouted, "Can't I just care for you both. Now just don't give up."

"My dad was right, I should've never given up my golden power." Lloyd said, "We could have all been home. Now the Overlord has all he needs to become the Golden Master."

"No, Lloyd." Anirei said, "Never doubt giving up your power so that we may have a chance to fight."

"Anirei is right." Garmadon said, "I was wrong. You must trust your friends. Trust yourself."

"They've returned with the Golden Weapons. It's only a matter of time." PIXAL announced.

"Search for the power within, and then realize the greatness within each other." Sensei Wu said.

"He's right, we can get off this comet." Lloyd said with newly found determination.

"What about your green power, Lloyd?" Kai suggested.

"It's too far. He'd never be able to keep his focus for that long." Zane pointed out.

"What if Anirei was helping him balance himself or something?" Jay asked.

Anirei shook her head, "That will put too much strain of both of us, and we'll need as much strength as we can spare before facing the Overlord."

"No one happens to have a build-your-own-rocket-kit handy, do they?" Cole asked, giving Lloyd an amazing idea.

"Whoa. That's it!"

"You have a build-your-own-rocket-hit?" Jay asked.

"No, but we can make one."

Anirei nodded and smiled, "That's right Arcturus may not be able to fly, but it has all the metal we need to make a new rocket. And Elder Brother Zane knows the solar system better than anyone."

"And Kai's fire and weld the missing parts." Zane said catching onto the plan.

"Cole's manpower could do all the heavy lifting." Kai said.

"Jay has enough electricity and ner knowledge to make a halfway believable spacecraft." Cole said.

"Ha, ha. Hey!" Jay said before getting a hold of the idea being crafted, "Hey! This could actually work."

"Let's fire this thing up and see if she'll fly."

The Ninja quickly got to work, lifting the parts and putting them together as fast as they could, until they were finally able to create a rocket to take them back home. Once the rocket was finished, they all climbed in and prepared their final checks before takeoff.

"Boosters?" Lloyd checked off.

"Check."

"Electronics?"

"Check."

"Navigation?"

"Check."

"How are we holding together?"

"Bubble gum, a wish and a prayer."

"Ready to go home?" Anirei asked. The response was ane plugging the connectors to his power source and firing up the engines and boosters, immediately taking off. They flew off towards the atmosphere ready to impact it and head back home, when the rocket began to shake terribly.